BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local tractor pull

5 posters

Go down

Local tractor pull Empty Local tractor pull

Post  schmitty September 7th 2009, 12:18 am

Well this particular pull is usually held in late June, but it was rained out and postponed until this weekend. Lots of great pullers come here from all over the country. There were tags from NE, KS, MO, CO, TX, IL, IA, and more. There were a couple of our good ole boys there (WFO, and 47Ford), and I had a chance to visit with both of them. 47Ford's daughter was running one of his trucks in the local 2wd class, and won in the heavy class. She was running a 514 with DOOE heads vs. the competition running injection and aluminum heads. He had a bad go round with the other truck and blew up the 540 A-head motor. He said they found some block parts where they didn't belong. It was an Eliminator block and some catastrophic damage occured, not the fault of the block. Here is a pic of the winning pull.
Local tractor pull 09-06-09_1940
Here is one of WFO
Local tractor pull 09-06-09_1746
WFO is running an A441 hemi motor now and did quite well in a very competitive field of trucks. The track was definately getting better as the pull went on, he was hanging in there until the end when a couple of heavy hitters found a better line and bumped him down. Sure is a sweet sounding motor though.

Here's a couple of the other competitors in the 4wd class
Local tractor pull 09-06-09_1736
Local tractor pull 09-06-09_1749

And a couple of really cool alky tractors
Local tractor pull 09-06-09_1839 Local tractor pull 09-06-09_1834
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Local tractor pull Empty Re: Local tractor pull

Post  bruno September 7th 2009, 6:46 am

cool post ...i cant wait to go to a pull Laughing

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss September 7th 2009, 8:09 am

Pretty neat Vids Schmitty !!

There use to be a real good Tractor pull around here..But with the build up at the lake..I dont know when and where they meet at anymore.. I ran across the first one about 17 years ago..coming home from the lake about half drunk from a day of fishing... and I havent found the Pit since..? Someone told me last year that they were holding it now on a guy private property over in Moneta, Va just across Halesford bridge on the other side of the lake from me.. But I'd like to find it again and take the grandkids out for the day every now and then.. I dont know how big of a show it is anymore...But some of the rigs I saw heading out to the last one..Had some High Dollar Tractors on them..and a couple of Trucks that the paint alone must have cost $10K alone..

BTW,,What the hell do those Big ass machined aluminum wheels sell for in the back of some of those Tractors ?? shit there nice !!
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 7th 2009, 8:29 am

looked like fun Schmitty
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 7th 2009, 12:04 pm

Old blue Racin Team wrote:looked like fun Schmitty
Hell yes it was 6hrs of black smoke, methanol fumes and loud noise. Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 7th 2009, 1:15 pm

Rob,
Where was the pull at yesterday? I was in a horrible reception area when you texted me. I finally could see the picture when I got home, and yes, that's one of the Sykes brothers tractors. I graduated high school with Denny. Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 7th 2009, 2:15 pm

It was in Ravenna a little town between Kearney and Grand Island. It has been voted one of the best pulls by the pullers for several years. I think it is one of the biggest pulls put on by the OTTPA every year. 130+ hooks yesterday. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum