BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alabama storms

4 posters

Go down

Alabama storms Empty Alabama storms

Post  chuck May 9th 2011, 3:39 pm

Just got back from Centre Alabama, work 10 days made 125hrs over time restoring power to storm victims. I could not believe how the people were pulling together to help one another, makes me feel better about the USA. Nothing wrong with city people, but the country folks look after each other. Some of the worst storm damage I have ever seen.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Alabama storms Empty Re: Alabama storms

Post  dfree383 May 9th 2011, 3:58 pm

Their was a pretty bad one that hit I-81 @ Mile marker 30-40 in Virginia too.... Looked Pretty Bad too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxeN6fvYjg
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g May 9th 2011, 6:14 pm

[quote="chuck"]Just got back from Centre Alabama, work 10 days made 125hrs over time restoring power to storm victims. I could not believe how the people were pulling together to help one another, makes me feel better about the USA. Nothing wrong with city people, but the country folks look after each other. Some of the worst storm damage I have ever seen.[/quote
... My son got home yesterday, he was in Jasper, then FT. Payne area, he said it was a mess, couldn't describe how thankful the people were, makes you feel good to help them.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck May 9th 2011, 8:47 pm

[quote="342g"]
chuck wrote:Just got back from Centre Alabama, work 10 days made 125hrs over time restoring power to storm victims. I could not believe how the people were pulling together to help one another, makes me feel better about the USA. Nothing wrong with city people, but the country folks look after each other. Some of the worst storm damage I have ever seen.[/quote
... My son got home yesterday, he was in Jasper, then FT. Payne area, he said it was a mess, couldn't describe how thankful the people were, makes you feel good to help them.
Glad your son made it home safe! The co op we work for was great. Made life time friends there, BAMA people were the most thankful people out of any storm Ive worked.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham May 9th 2011, 11:04 pm

First off, Thank you!!!!! I live in Blountsville, AL. We had one major tornado and a couple small ones. There was a bad one in Cullman which is 15 miles west of us. It travelled north of us and hit Arab where my dad lives and killed a family of 5 that I knew. Shane Hallmark and his Dad Phillip used to have a dragcar that I helped them with some. Shane, his wife, daughter, dad, mother, and his twin niece and nephew and two others were all in the bathroom and took a direct hit. They found Shane's daughter alive and they found Shane passed on with his niece (17 months old) alive and wrapped up in his arms. She survived because of Shane. Shane's wife, dad, mother, and 17-month old nephew all passed on.

We just got our phone and internet back Saturday. Our power was back on in 5 days by PIKE from Mt. Airy, NC. Many thanks to them all the fine folks from all over helping fix this mess. My brother-in-law works for Cullman electric and he has been working 4 am to 9 pm every day since the storm. He said they won't take a day off until everyone has power. My only complaint thru this whole deal is the sorry people on my road that wouldn't help move the trees off our road. Me, my father-in-law (72) and his brother-in-law (80) were sawing trees and pushing them out of the road with our tractor. There were 18 trees down on our road. It took 5 hours to clear them and the only people that showed up to help were the older folks. There were some young people that drove up and wanted to when we would have it cleared. One even blew his horn at us and was trying to get around us while we were working. Evil or Very Mad I will remember this if they ever want anything from me.

PS. Chuck, I don't know you, but you're welcome anytime at my house in AL. We'll cook steaks, BBQ, or whatever and then go out to the shop and look at Top Fuel blowers and all sorts of hot rod parts. We'll talk hot rod until my wife finally gets tired of it, ha ha. Very Happy
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck May 10th 2011, 9:30 pm

Thanks for the offer David, if we ever do eat a steak I hope it's not under these conditions. Sorry for the lose of your friends. Glad your family is OK. I'll say a prayer for your friends.

chuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down