BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

port plates ?

5 posters

Go down

port plates ? Empty port plates ?

Post  1fatcat May 9th 2011, 6:29 pm

has any one used the MPG port plates on the d0ve heads ? and did they work as advertised my heads have the exausts ported and the Cj valves . .600 lift cam. the add said the exaust quits flowing at .500 lift and the port . wth there port plates they will flow up to about .700 lift? add about 25 hp ??? anyone test or show an improvment with them?
1fatcat
1fatcat

Back to top Go down

port plates ? Empty Re: port plates ?

Post  Tommyj466 May 9th 2011, 7:39 pm

This is pretty much opinion, but I think they may have a place in a street application needing to compensate for poor cam timing to regain some low end torque. I don't think they belong in a race application. I knew a guy years ago who tried them on a 4V headed cleveland, and the car was slower at the track with them. I'm trying to talk one of my racing buddies into taking them off his iron headed drag car.
I'm sure others have "firsthand" experiences to share.

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 9th 2011, 8:57 pm

Not "firsthand" , but I talked with Bret Powell about using them a few years back on my DOVE heads and he has had success with them when properly fitted and placed. As far as a DOVE head running out of steam at .500 on the exhaust, the ones I got from Doug, went on up to .800 lift and were gaining until then. I don't know about them being a bolt on 25 hp in every application, as flow may or may not increase enough in every application to get that much out of them. For the money spent, it might be better served to save up a little more $$$ and just buy a better head. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  466bronco May 9th 2011, 10:03 pm

Haven't ran them,but i sent my doves to pme.He put the high port plates on them ,and woke my truck up.He and his wife do a hell of a job.

466bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH May 10th 2011, 1:52 pm

think some are talking about stuffer plates , others about aluminum plate that raise the port , requiring machine work .

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down