BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mikey and I had a fun day!

+2
schmitty
Doug Rahn
6 posters

Go down

Mikey and I had a fun day! Empty Mikey and I had a fun day!

Post  Doug Rahn May 14th 2011, 7:44 am

Yesterday Mikey and I had a lot of fun! The part of the company that Mike works in, Product Support, had a special event called “Celebrating the Continuous Improvement Process”. As part of the theme they put on a car show with employees cars showing how cars have progressed over the years with new innovations. They asked Mike to bring his piperack but he had to turn it down because it wasn’t finished and no way to get it there. His trailer is full of stuff he brought back from his Dad’s place in California. So he told them he could possibly get a car he drives. Mike asked me if we could take my car, naturally I jumped on the chance to show it off at work and we got to drive it in the gate.

The event was being held at our new Service Center on the other side of the airport. After we unloaded in the parking lot, they lined us up at the main entrance from the oldest to the newest. When everything was set we started up and the line proceeded onto the property with a Security truck leading the way. They had setup and area for the cars to park lined up just as we came in, oldest to the newest. In the middle they had Hugh open wall tents up with tables and chairs for everyone to sit at when lunch started. It was catered by a local Bar-b-que place, which was great by the way, and a live band. As always, Gulfstream spares no expense when it comes to putting on special events. I don’t know how many work in Product Support, but it had to be a couple thousand people. Very cool Cool ! Well almost cool. Let me tell you, it was one HOT mother of a day, and some very HOT ladies Twisted Evil walking by. We’re not allowed to bring our cameras on company property unless you have a photo pass, but they did have the company photographers out there taking loads of pictures. When they put them up on our company intranet, I’ll download them and post them then.

Thanks Mikey for inviting me to take my car, I had a great time. Maybe your suggestion to the big wheels to do this at the Family Day Picnic will come to be.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Mikey and I had a fun day! Empty Re: Mikey and I had a fun day!

Post  schmitty May 14th 2011, 9:42 am

That sounds like a lot of fun Doug, and that car is a beautiful work of art. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick May 14th 2011, 9:45 am

Cool deal, Doug Exclamation

They do somewhat the same here at Boeing, minus the food and band Sad . They have an annual car show that is a book drive, they place an empty box by each car and employees drop books in the box by the car they like, then the judging is done by the amount of books by each car at the end of the day.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior May 14th 2011, 11:39 am

Douglas,

It was my pleasure and the least I could do. It gave us a chance to show off that bad ride of your's at work. Like I told everybody there, " It's Doug's, he built it. I just get the priviledge to drive it." You don't get many chances to take your toys to work and DRIVE them on company property. It definetly got their attention. Cool
Can't wait to see the photos the company photog took !!!
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 May 14th 2011, 11:54 am

Sounds like fun. We used to have a day every year where we had a catered meal and everybody brought their race/show cars, but sadly budgetary constraints have put a stop to that kind of fun. Definitely waiting for pics. Cool
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 14th 2011, 7:00 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Douglas,

It was my pleasure and the least I could do. It gave us a chance to show off that bad ride of your's at work. Like I told everybody there, " It's Doug's, he built it. I just get the priviledge to drive it." You don't get many chances to take your toys to work and DRIVE them on company property. It definetly got their attention. Cool
Can't wait to see the photos the company photog took !!!

Thats really cool Mike and Doug. Its always fun to let your work buddies see what your passion is when your away from work.We use to have a car show at work every year,but the cheap ass's don't even have a company picnic anymore Evil or Very Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn May 14th 2011, 7:27 pm

When business dropped off a little a few years ago, back when Congress tried to belittle the big 3 Auto CEO's for arriving at the Capital in their big business jets, we thought they might stop our Family Day Picnic. But it never happened. If anything it gets bigger and bigger. Last year I think they fed close to 6000 people, carnival rides, game booths, etc.. Up until about 20 years ago, they use to have a Budweiser beer truck there with taps on the side, but with the liability issues, they stopped that. All you had to do was bring your mug or pitcher and fill up. I miss those days Sad .
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down