BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hate to ask BUT!

+19
res0rli9
ThndrChkn
342g
NOS42
bbf-falcon
the1969fordguyinky
D. Sea
BB94STANG
torkair
cool40
richter69
Yoeman
AZFairlane
56Tbird
the Coug
nuclearcobra
DanH
bruno
429 Powered 84
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hate to ask BUT! Empty Hate to ask BUT!

Post  429 Powered 84 May 18th 2011, 8:34 am

Who want's to help a guy out who is WAY down on his luck? Crying or Very sad I got all this stuff for my car and trying to get it together, But now having FAMILY problems and I would really like to get going on my car more as it will keep my mind at ease and not think of whats looming over me right now! My Brother has been a great insperation to me with this and has and still is helping me out when and where he can, he knows some of what is going on but not all! i don't like to ask for things but I am asking noe only because I am at a loss and have hit the bottom so to speak!!!! Blake has (IDT572) also been a great help as well as Randy (COUG) if I ever get my trany to him. I am hoping to get this going this year but not seeing it happen, this has been going on for "6" YEARS now and no end in sight without a little help on some parts and pieces if anyone has some extra or old good stuff they are willing to get rid of? Sad
I will list what i am looking for tonite when I get home from work and see what's out there.please PM me or you can contact me by phone, maybe even call my BIG Brother To see what I may need I will call him this morning.

Thanks everyone who can help out
Dan Neutral
406-431-691
429 Powered 84
429 Powered 84

Back to top Go down

Hate to ask BUT! Empty Re: Hate to ask BUT!

Post  bruno May 18th 2011, 8:43 am

just post a list tonight and we will see what we got Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH May 18th 2011, 6:23 pm

can alway sell off the higher dollar parts and down grade to finish the car . like that New A460 block you just got . use a stock block .

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 18th 2011, 6:35 pm

DanH wrote:can alway sell off the higher dollar parts and down grade to finish the car . like that New A460 block you just got . use a stock block .
X2 and don't get me wrong i hope things get better for ya, but are you asking for parts for free or looking for some really killer deals out there ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 18th 2011, 7:56 pm

WOW what a deal I didn't know Dan had an A460 block
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  429 Powered 84 May 18th 2011, 8:01 pm

Neutral Ok, here's the deal. I am not asking for all the high dollar stuff I have most of that that I need and have some deals on the rest for the engine parts. What I am looking for is gauges fuel pressure, oil,water. A decent fuel pump ( have 3 red and 2 blue but need bigger for the 557! A good Dist, All the rest of the pieces I have either traded for bought what I could and made. I have done every thing on this car MYSELF! I have not hired anything out except the machine work on the engine. All my fab work gets done right in my garage, I know that some think that i am trying to get stuff for free just because and that's not the case at all! I I have talked to a few of the guy's on here and gotten pointers on how to do things a little more cost effective. I dfon't believe in farming it out unless it's something that I know I can't handle, such as tranny work Coug( Randy) is one "HELL OF A NICE GUY", and does a excellent job. He has worked me a deal that I could not pass up so he will get the build there some day soon! Thanks Randy! Mr Cartwright also did me right on my engine kit and anything else that I need! Thanks Blake! also here awhile back another member here sent me a set of seat belts! thanks to him as well! He knows who he is also one Hell of a nice guy! Oh ya and then there is my Big Brother who helps me out with some of my engine work. We try to help each other whenever and however we can! (FAMILY NOTHIN BETTER) Like I said I don't like to ask but there comes a time when we all have to ask as we all don't have the perfect situation and unlimited resources to get shit? Ya there is still some other things that I need but i am working on building the ladder bar rear end and the rest of my cage, the steering ect. like I mentioned before I just need a few things to make it complete when I get that far. My situation was helped out by our new ADMINISTRATION IN WASHINGTON DC. I used to be a logger that made fair money and was getting along pretty well butwe all know how it is going so far!!!! So for those who are willing to help a fellow racer, car guy, motorhead whatever you want to call it I do appreciate it more than words can explain! And those who don't or can't help I understand that also.

Dan Cool
429 Powered 84
429 Powered 84

Back to top Go down

Post  429 Powered 84 May 18th 2011, 8:03 pm

the Coug wrote:WOW what a deal I didn't know Dan had an A460 block

Ya I bought it after I sold my 521 to the guy in Alberta Ca.
429 Powered 84
429 Powered 84

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 18th 2011, 8:07 pm

cool deal
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 18th 2011, 8:56 pm

Good luck with the build and yes pics Cool we need pics Cool

Last edited by nuclearcobra on May 20th 2011, 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 18th 2011, 9:04 pm

if you can't afford to build it ,you won't be able to afford to race it. Sounds like it's time for a career change..Good luck to ya..
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane May 18th 2011, 9:51 pm

56Tbird wrote:if you can't afford to build it ,you won't be able to afford to race it. Sounds like it's time for a career change..Good luck to ya..

This isn't the first time I have had that thought.
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoeman May 18th 2011, 10:11 pm

56Tbird wrote:if you can't afford to build it ,you won't be able to afford to race it. Sounds like it's time for a career change..Good luck to ya..
I hear that loud and clear, Brother!
Yoeman
Yoeman

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 18th 2011, 10:14 pm

Bluntly put, but it is the truth..........on the other hand if its paid for and unfinished its costs nothing to sit until conditions are so you can afford to do so......... Idea
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoeman May 18th 2011, 10:19 pm

Absolutely, never give up. What a Face
Yoeman
Yoeman

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 18th 2011, 10:20 pm

richter69 wrote:

Bluntly put, but it is the truth..........on the other hand if its paid for and unfinished its costs nothing to sit until conditions are so you can afford to do so......... Idea
Dano been taken notes from you? Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 18th 2011, 10:24 pm

some things are better sugarcoated, some not.............lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  429 Powered 84 May 19th 2011, 12:14 am

Well like I said some of us don't have the ultimate job and unlimited resources! Also I said that I have been working on this for 6 years and about done but just need a few things. I guess there are some who are just faster at putting there stuff together than others. I can tell you that I know everything that has been done to mine and how it has been done because I have done it myself. Like stated before if you don't want to help then don't no hard feelings but you can keep all your negative slams to yourselves! All I am trying to do is build my car the way I want to build it, I have got a ton of usefull advise from this forum and others and have changed things many times as I have read about better ways to do them. No one is perfect. Like I said before to those who are kind enough to offer it I thank you! I may never have the caliber of car that some have but it's mine. And no it does'nt cost me anything to have it sit but I just want to get it done. I don't know why some of the guy's on here have to always flex ther check books at the guy's who are a less fortunate? Make you feel good? Then there are the ones who alway's just gotta put there two cents in and a dig here and there WTF!

Dan
429 Powered 84
429 Powered 84

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair May 19th 2011, 1:42 am

You'll get there! I've been collecting parts for 3 years so far, all because I got a killer deal on a set of d0ve head cores and a Victor intake with a dominator pad. Sounds like you're in the home stretch right now, stick with it and you'll be there before winter hits, I'm sure of it!!!
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 19th 2011, 2:13 am

I just wish I had some beer money lol! Makes the car look better when I'm polishing it ,since I can't afford to go racing...I feel your pain drunken king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BB94STANG May 19th 2011, 6:33 am

nuclearcobra wrote:Thats your list guages,dizzy and fuel pump ? i have a stock distributor with oil pump shaft and a accel dual point that worked good in my 472 when my brother had it and your welcome to both the accel needs a gear tho i have no idea why its not on there its been so long. Also have a set of gages oil,amp and water but the line on the water is broke, your welcome to those also.

Pay it foreward brotha! Wink
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Post  429 Powered 84 May 19th 2011, 8:26 am

Ok guy's This may help me out a little? What am looking for is not to get stuff for free I am just looking to get the rest of this stuff for as good a deal as possible is all, and I am not looking for junk ( don't mean any offense)but you can't make it right with junk? It does'nt have to be high dollar pieces but in good working condition!Not opposed to paying freight or even setting freight up as I still get a good deal where I use to work so that helps too. And yes I am looking for more than what I listed but I don't need that stuff quite yet! I do need a set of good wheels at least 10-12 wide with a 5 BS and some decent fronts skinnies. I have some slicks (Traded for) I am also looking for set of 456 gears, and a seat. Along with the gauges thats about it? I am working on a rear eend right now, and another memeber here is send me some info on one he has so maybe that will get taken care of. I have almost all the rest of it just got to get it all put together now! Thanks again.

Dan
429 Powered 84
429 Powered 84

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 19th 2011, 9:38 am

Maybe you should call "Our Administration in Washington" ..They bailed out GM & Mopar ...Maybe they'll help you too??? But ,they do ask for payback..Just a thought.. cheers
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH May 19th 2011, 11:21 am

429 Powered 84 wrote:Ok guy's This may help me out a little? What am looking for is not to get stuff for free I am just looking to get the rest of this stuff for as good a deal as possible is all, and I am not looking for junk ( don't mean any offense)but you can't make it right with junk? It does'nt have to be high dollar pieces but in good working condition!Not opposed to paying freight or even setting freight up as I still get a good deal where I use to work so that helps too. And yes I am looking for more than what I listed but I don't need that stuff quite yet! I do need a set of good wheels at least 10-12 wide with a 5 BS and some decent fronts skinnies. I have some slicks (Traded for) I am also looking for set of 456 gears, and a seat. Along with the gauges thats about it? I am working on a rear eend right now, and another memeber here is send me some info on one he has so maybe that will get taken care of. I have almost all the rest of it just got to get it all put together now! Thanks again.

ll

Dan
I got new Strange Enginereering 35 spline axles and case , spool . Like said all is new and will sell for less that you just sold your rear diff.

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 19th 2011, 12:26 pm

Would love to help but we have an unfinished project in my shop that still needs 'stuff'

Good Luck with the build.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky May 19th 2011, 3:08 pm

Is this a max race effort? Maybe a street strip car? Can we see some pics? What size gauges are you looking for?
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next