BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headers for an 80 model

4 posters

Go down

Headers for an 80 model Empty Headers for an 80 model

Post  FORDMUD June 11th 2011, 10:11 am

I'm about ready to drop my 460 into this 80 model. What are yall running for headers? I would like some fenderwell exit. 2-2.125 primary. I'm thinking about running the mounts I have in the factory holes. It will move the engine 2" back. Any chance these maddogs from my 78 will fit?
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Headers for an 80 model Empty Re: Headers for an 80 model

Post  ThndrChkn June 11th 2011, 11:34 am

Not sure about the Maddog's you already have. All I can say is try them, they just might work. But I can tell you, that currently there are no fenderwell headers for the 80-96 chassis. Schmitty had a set built for his, by Maddog with a BBC flange, but those are the only ones I know of. I ran Foxbody Hooker Super Comps on the Banana, but they were ever so slightly modified when I got them. Get ahold of Kieth Blackburn (Copperhead) and he can tell you what all he had to do to them. IMO they're the best way to go over any of the others.
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike June 12th 2011, 9:16 pm

The cheapest way is to build your own.
I did mine for around $300 in parts.
Headers for an 80 model 100_6244
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 12th 2011, 9:38 pm

Maddog does make a set of fenderwell exit 2" X 3.5 headers for the 80-96 chassis. Your old ones will not fit I know that as I had a set for a 70's and there was no way they were going to fit. The ones that Doug is talking about that were mine were a custom set that he put the BBC flange on instead of the BBF flange because I already had the adapters and the BBC bolt pattern is easier to install. If you want to go that route get with me as there is some modification that might need to be done. I talked to the guy at Maddog after I did these and let him know what to do if someone called and asked for another set like this.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  FORDMUD June 13th 2011, 5:20 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I'm leaning towards running a set of schoenfeld up sweeps I have. The steering shaft seems close though. These headers are for an Eliminator head with a BBC flange. My heads (A429) have filled floors, standard flange and something that looks like cleveland, Maybe just some custom deal. I'll post pics as soon as I can.
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 13th 2011, 9:32 pm

I have a set of upright headers that I built last year for my truck that would work for you send me a PM if you would be interested in them. They are BBC flange and I have a set of Uncle Charlies adapters to mount them up. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  FORDMUD June 14th 2011, 10:20 am

Sounds good. I will give you a call a little later this evening.
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum