BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED **

+8
rmcomprandy
KY JELLY
Lem Evans
John Myrick
Doug Rahn
c.evans
cool40
LivermoreDave
12 posters

Go down

The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED ** Empty The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED **

Post  LivermoreDave July 3rd 2011, 12:58 am

More of Jack's Mustang.

**UPDATE** As to Charlie's instructions, more pictures have been posted on Charlie's Photobucket account. As Charlie has mentioned, click on the posted picture (video), it will take you to the pictures.

The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED ** Th_CHANDLERJULY2078

Last edited by LivermoreDave on July 3rd 2011, 2:23 pm; edited 4 times in total

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED ** Empty Re: The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED **

Post  cool40 July 3rd 2011, 1:08 am

LivermoreDave wrote:SORRY.
drunken
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED ** Empty Re: The JACK AUSTIN Project (part 2) ** UPDATED **

Post  c.evans July 3rd 2011, 2:36 am

Click on the starting line picture and you'll go to photobucket. Turn up your speakers! Thanks Livermore Dave.

After you see Jack's car make a pass, then continue to click on "Next" for fifteen more pictures of the car, Mark McDonald, and the engine on the dyno.

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn July 3rd 2011, 6:14 am

Sweet Cool . Is this the engine y'all were building when you took me by Lawes Mayfields shop when Mike and I were up there?
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick July 3rd 2011, 6:42 am

That engine sounds just as good as it looks. I saw it sitting at McDonalds shop when I dropped my car off there. I was kinda hoping Mark would get my engine and that one mixed up and install that one in my car Razz
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 3rd 2011, 6:59 am

J.Y. Kelly...........you need to sign that deal up with the Pixies. Exclamation

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY July 3rd 2011, 8:26 am

We would be glad to have him , the chebbie boys may not after the fact lol! . Tell him to give me a call and I will fix him up , we will be running at Music city next weekend Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans July 3rd 2011, 10:09 am

Yes Doug, that's was Jack's race engine.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 3rd 2011, 12:35 pm

Cool good looken car!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 3rd 2011, 6:51 pm

Wonder what it will run when it actually "hooks up" - I saw about 2 turns of tire spin at the start ... lol.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave July 3rd 2011, 8:07 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Wonder what it will run when it actually "hooks up" - I saw about 2 turns of tire spin at the start ... lol.

Good day Randy. Several questions came to mind Saturday at Chandler relative to Jack's car's performance. If I'm correct the density altitude was near 2200'. Temperatures in the mid 90's all day with direct sunshine. According to collected data the track became a tick better late, 1.07 to 1.06 60' times. Ignition timing remained retarded at the start simply because Mark felt the track would not facilitate the car. There was tire shake (marginal) most of the run as the lateral G-force's registered .5 G (or maybe .05 G) at times! Even as Mark, Charlie and myself discussed a "perfect world", could the converter stand a bit of tightening to lessen slippage not stall? However said or second guessed, the weather was for shit, the track was OK and in my opinion the combination has more! With good weather, cool sticky track and a tune up that puts all the cards on the table, she will be flyin, without the nitrous!

Just my $0.02,
Have a good day,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  dadof384k July 4th 2011, 12:02 pm

kristina,gail and i congratulate jack on such a sweet ride. It shows that with the right talent on your team how good first outing can be. lol thats a perfect example of why all our chassis work is done at mark and deidres shop. I think thats why you should always check out a shops proven results before parting with your hard earned cash.check out dragstersforsale.com mark and j.b.s web site you too can be a customer of thiers . just had to give a shout out to my bestest buds mac and deidre. todd p.s. jack are you taking back up driver apps. i think i know a girl that might like that ride. lol

dadof384k

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 4th 2011, 10:24 pm

Damn nice looking/sounding car & great job on the video shoot/angle too. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Is it on 33's, 33.5's, or 34.5's?

I slowed the video down & looked at it frame by frame. And judging from both the initial wheelie bar movement & the initial rim movement I think it looks like it had maybe somewhere around an inch of rear suspension separation on the initial hit. And on the initial hit the tire looked to rotate about a 1/2 turn (maybe 3/4 turn) before the initial hook & it got moving. Then after it got fully on the wheelie bars & loaded them good it got up-on the tire pretty quick and you can see a very nice controlled wheel speed/slippage out to about maybe 30-40 ft at which point you can't really see the sidewall real good anymore because of the body. Plus by this point it's now a good distance away from the camera so it's going to get harder to tell what's going on anyway the farther out it goes.

I can't wait to see more video of the car. Cool
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 4th 2011, 10:28 pm

Mark thinks it got on the wheelie bars too much. He's gonna adj. some.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 4th 2011, 10:33 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Mark thinks it got on the wheelie bars too much. He's gonna adj. some.

That would probably take care of the slight tire slippage after the initial hit. That thing is gonna be fast.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 4th 2011, 11:17 pm

Even though this is a 600+ "big-un" with nice power numbers, I think it's too early to tell for sure if small wheel speed, big wheel speed, or a dead hook will produce the best launch & 60ft numbers.

It's going to be damn interesting to see how the total combo shakes out with further testing. Cool
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports July 5th 2011, 4:48 pm

After looking at the racepak for a few runs, the convertor is on the tight side if anything. Convertor has 10% or less slippage at the top of low gear and 13% or better at the 1/8th mile should translate to 5% or less at the 1/4 mile. The car shifted about 3 tenths early due to spinning the tires at the top of low gear. Congrats to Jack, Lawes, Charlie and Mark. Good job Guys.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans July 5th 2011, 8:17 pm

I suspect when Mark puts the timing back to the engine it'll stall higher and stuff will happen.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 7th 2011, 6:01 pm

I can hardly wait to see this car at the Bash!!! Awesome ride!! cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans July 7th 2011, 7:57 pm

Thank you Dan. Very Happy We are going to E.T. Raceway in Lyons, IN this weekend with it. They are having a special VP Fuels race. So since it is a smooth and hooking track, we are hopeful.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 7th 2011, 8:07 pm

That's the old ET Raceway ,now known as Lyons Raceway ? That's a killer track!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down