BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF 460ford sells out.....

+43
Barney
Curt
85bigblockfox
dave d
whitefield
cool40
richter69
ndmus88gteng
bbf-falcon
Diggindeeper
Homespun91
56Tbird
KY JELLY
uf63
69F100
Lem Evans
GaryH
342g
RapidRuss
OldRedFord
70429scj
QtrWarrior
Admin
waypastcrazy
deerhunter3814
jesse
D. Sea
jm
Greg_P
Shawnlee
Yoeman
D's557BBF
capri476
IcallhimGeorge
bigblockfox468
the Coug
83-88T-Bird Guy
jones
GTmustang
Old blue Racin Team
Nevs
bruno
dfree383
47 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

WTF 460ford sells out..... - Page 3 Empty site

Post  70429scj August 7th 2009, 11:27 pm

Guys,
This is my first post and if I can help with a new domain namein any way let me know!!!!
Steve
70429scj
70429scj

Back to top Go down

WTF 460ford sells out..... - Page 3 Empty Re: WTF 460ford sells out.....

Post  OldRedFord August 8th 2009, 1:03 am

Phantasea466 wrote:I think it's a crock of %$^&*!!!!!!!!!!!! But what can we do now, it's already been sold and we can't go back now. I think it was very wrong of Chilly to do this since we collectively built the BBF Forum.

I've already spoken with Jones about a new site. www.bigblockford.com is for sale (The domain name) but I'll wait and see what happens. What sucks is that everyone knows about www.460ford.com and a new site will have to grow. I told Jonesy that if we wanted to make a new site then I have the BBF Registry with all the main members and I'm sure that we can persuade them into creating a new site with all of the core members.

I tried www.460ford.net and it took me to 460ford.com
www.bigblockfords.com takes me to a small block forum

I think we need to look into buying the domain name www.bigblockford.com Time will tell.

What do you think?

I would be down for that. I think buying that domain could possibly be a good idea.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

WTF 460ford sells out..... - Page 3 Empty I still think !

Post  RapidRuss August 8th 2009, 7:09 am

It was a slap in the face to all the members who built that site over the years.. As mentioned before...Chilly started the site...But it was built on the knowledge and the backs and builds of others...

I had been wondering why Chilly was putting distance between himself and the Gang ? I think the reason why Chilly didnt offer the site to any one of the members , was he didnt want the word to get out that it was on the market..As too keep all the members there so any potential buyers could see how many members were there...and if word got out...I think he knew alot of us would have left and there would not have been a sale !

But for the Big Boys. Lem , Uncle Charlie, Randy's Co, Gary Blair, Jon K, Jet Boat Bob.. Scotty J..Just to name a few of the heavy hitters... Chilly's the one that made the money off all there hard work... I dont know where ya'll come from..But where I do...Ya damn sure dont pull the rug out from under your friends feet !! Thats just plain Fuckin Wrong !

I know how Jones must feel....That Man has worked his ass off on the site in the background for years...and who knows ? He might have been able to pool a few partners together to buy the site? But was never given the chance... But no matter what happens Chilly got what he wanted !

End of my Rant ! I thought about this all last night..and it still piss's me off !! I have know Idea what it takes to run a site or host one...But Maybe its time for a site thats Member owned and member run....By the members for the members ? I wish I had an answer ?
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  342g August 8th 2009, 11:50 am

dfree383 wrote:Hang with us jones.... They can buy the site but they can't buy us....

x2 Cool
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryH August 8th 2009, 11:53 am

Why not www.429ford.com? cheers
GaryH
GaryH

http://www.mysticspeed.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord August 8th 2009, 2:13 pm

GaryH wrote:Why not www.429ford.com? cheers

I am defiantly digging that idea. Very Happy

I find it interesting that the "Engine Tech Archive" over there is full of....nothing. confused
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  deerhunter3814 August 8th 2009, 10:35 pm

RapidRuss wrote:It was a slap in the face to all the members who built that site over the years.. As mentioned before...Chilly started the site...But it was built on the knowledge and the backs and builds of others...

I had been wondering why Chilly was putting distance between himself and the Gang ? I think the reason why Chilly didnt offer the site to any one of the members , was he didnt want the word to get out that it was on the market..As too keep all the members there so any potential buyers could see how many members were there...and if word got out...I think he knew alot of us would have left and there would not have been a sale !

But for the Big Boys. Lem , Uncle Charlie, Randy's Co, Gary Blair, Jon K, Jet Boat Bob.. Scotty J..Just to name a few of the heavy hitters... Chilly's the one that made the money off all there hard work... I dont know where ya'll come from..But where I do...Ya damn sure dont pull the rug out from under your friends feet !! Thats just plain Fuckin Wrong !

I know how Jones must feel....That Man has worked his ass off on the site in the background for years...and who knows ? He might have been able to pool a few partners together to buy the site? But was never given the chance... But no matter what happens Chilly got what he wanted !

End of my Rant ! I thought about this all last night..and it still piss's me off !! I have know Idea what it takes to run a site or host one...But Maybe its time for a site thats Member owned and member run....By the members for the members ? I wish I had an answer ?

Stop and think about the big picture, these guys have been watching for a long time, it is an investment. They have a major plan, they know who the, as you call them big hitters are. They will make an effort to retain them, it may be with free or discounted advertisement, or free membership offers once they start charging.
Look at how Jones changed his opinion once he talked to Don, or whatever his name is, they are salesman out to make money, and I have 10 years sales experience when I was young, you say what sells, create a need and kiss ass till you get what you want.
I would really like Josh to tell us what Don said to him on the phone that sounded so great.
Also I need to make a correction on what I said earlier, after looking back at my PM's and E-mails I only paid Chris for two years up front, not three. Sorry for misleading you guy's. But it was still for the community.
Thanks
deerhunter3814
deerhunter3814

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 9th 2009, 1:31 pm

And you are disposable after "They" get what "They" want.......... Don't forget that.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 9th 2009, 1:51 pm

I cancelled my automatic renewal through PayPal once I figured out how to do it(thanks jasonf). I'm good until next February (I guess). After that the new guys don't get my money Exclamation
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 9th 2009, 2:24 pm

how about www.429/460ford.com

just a thought

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 9th 2009, 3:57 pm

'Helter Skelter' ?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 9th 2009, 9:06 pm

the Coug wrote:how about www.429/460ford.com

just a thought

Randy

x2 on that coug i was thinking the same thing reading through this tread
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 August 10th 2009, 12:43 am

Hey guy's any idea what a site like that mite go for? Bruno thanks again for this site.
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord August 10th 2009, 2:24 am

uf63 wrote:Hey guy's any idea what a site like that mite go for? Bruno thanks again for this site.

What you mean? Like the 460ford.com site? Or a domain name like 429/460ford.com?
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 10th 2009, 10:04 am

Good Idea Randy! Or www.429-460.com
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss August 10th 2009, 10:29 am

How about 460+.com............Because most are running 460"s on up !! Just tossing things out there! Very Happy
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY August 10th 2009, 11:20 am

460BBFord.com Twisted Evil
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird August 10th 2009, 11:35 am

I say we help Mr.Bruno get this place to be the #1 BBF site on the web Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 10th 2009, 11:48 am

my input on the deal is lets just wait .......... in my eyes that site is doing what it needs to do right now and we dont want to negatively effect the crowd that loves to go there , we also dont want to negatively effect the vendor's that make a living from that site also .......

everybody just take a deep breath ................... time will tell Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang August 10th 2009, 2:34 pm

bruno wrote:my input on the deal is lets just wait ..........we also dont want to negatively effect the vendor's that make a living from that site also ....... Very Happy
Whenever Don "drops the other shoe" and institutes the rules that are in place at other Autoforums websites, The vendors will be definitely negatively impacted! To paraphrase Autoforums " no business small or large can sell items for a profit without paying an advertising fee. No one can make disparaging comments about either a paid advertiser or the moderators! God help us if Pro Comp becomes a sponsor Evil or Very Mad! Profit, and even more profits is their goal.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

WTF 460ford sells out..... - Page 3 Empty Sheesh...

Post  Homespun91 August 10th 2009, 4:28 pm

I go on a ten-day business trip...no Internet...arrive back home at 2 am....log on 460Ford.com right after walking in the door...and get a wonderful surprise. Rolling Eyes Stayed up until 4am catching up with all this.

I wish Chilly had given us a bit of notice...but he gave his reasons as to why he did not, and i think we have to take them at face value. As for the Forum membership donation...well...no one twisted my arm to do it. I got a hell of a lot more information than just $15 worth.

From what I have seen in the past from the company who purchased the forum, I think this site has a bright future. Very Happy
Homespun91
Homespun91

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 10th 2009, 4:44 pm

What about "outlaw" or "Renegade". 460ford.com?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper August 10th 2009, 5:10 pm

385seriesFord.com ??
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 10th 2009, 5:33 pm

Homespun91 wrote:I go on a ten-day business trip...no Internet...arrive back home at 2 am....log on 460Ford.com right after walking in the door...and get a wonderful surprise. Rolling Eyes Stayed up until 4am catching up with all this.

I wish Chilly had given us a bit of notice...but he gave his reasons as to why he did not, and i think we have to take them at face value. As for the Forum membership donation...well...no one twisted my arm to do it. I got a hell of a lot more information than just $15 worth.

From what I have seen in the past from the company who purchased the forum, I think this site has a bright future. Very Happy

Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 11th 2009, 1:34 am

Tweetybird wrote:I say we help Mr.Bruno get this place to be the #1 BBF site on the web Very Happy
Well Guy's, I will go where the info is ,and the good friends I have made are. If it be both here,there, or another site. But I agree w/Dano about this site.And It looks like it's getting a good start.
I have alot of mixed feelings about the whole deal. If the other site goes the way some of you say it will,Well, I won't be there. One thing I think is for sure,we are a close knit bunch, and most of us get along and treat each other w/respect. And that is what will keep us together for a long time. Just because I don't fully agree w/some of the comments,that don't mean I don't like the person behind them.
Later Rick

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next