BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mounting my trans cooler

5 posters

Go down

mounting my trans cooler Empty mounting my trans cooler

Post  mustang68mustangs1 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 21:30

I am looking for a new way to mount my trans cooler on my 68 stang. I have had it mounted to the front of the rad with the zip tie things but i wanna get it off the front of the rad.I was thinking of making some type of bracket to mount it under the front of the car. but i need some ideas. pics would be real helpful too.Show me what you have done.
Thanks Bob

mustang68mustangs1

Back to top Go down

mounting my trans cooler Empty Re: mounting my trans cooler

Post  whatbumper Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 21:34

we recently mounted one under the trunk with a fan mounted to pull air out of the car to cool the cooler.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 21:36

have done the truck mounted deal with a fan for years with no issues, currently have one of the heat sink deals mounted to the bottom of the floor.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 21:53

In my 56 I have BnM cooler with fan underneath. On other cars I have used 1/2" wide x 1/8" flatbar (or thinner) to mount the cooler to then mount that to the top/bottom of the rad.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 21:55

I forgot to mention that I never ever use those plastic ties. The will wreck your radiator over time making them not so cheap in the long run.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mustang68mustangs1 Wed 10 Aug 2011 - 22:40

My rad guy says he has seen those ties actually saw through the rad from vibration of an elec. fan. I am using alum. flat stock to mount my fan to then spanning it from the top and bpttom rails of the rad. I was looking at the F-250's at work and they have the trans coolers mounted on an angle just behind the bumper. I might try something like that. Maybe off of the strut rod brackets.
Bob

mustang68mustangs1

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:44

mustang68mustangs1 wrote:My rad guy says he has seen those ties actually saw through the rad from vibration of an elec. fan. I am using alum. flat stock to mount my fan to then spanning it from the top and bpttom rails of the rad. I was looking at the F-250's at work and they have the trans coolers mounted on an angle just behind the bumper. I might try something like that. Maybe off of the strut rod brackets.
Bob

That was how my Ranger factory cooler was mounted and I reused the cooler I have it mounted up front so when the air comes through the grill it will hit it.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down