BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD

4 posters

Go down

WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD Empty WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD

Post  racinghabbit August 10th 2011, 11:45 pm

WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR MY 460?
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD Empty Re: WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD

Post  racinghabbit August 10th 2011, 11:52 pm

ON A BIG CUBE MOTOR 545 WITH PORTED IRON HEADS THAT HAS TO PULL 15 IN VACUUM AT 900 RPM , AND ONLY USE A SMALL STALL CONVERTER, IS IT BETTER TO USE A WEIAND 8012 INTAKE WITH THE ADAPTER TO THE 4500 FLANGE? MUD RACING W/REACTION TIME. 200FT PIT MAX. OR USE LIKE A VICTOR???
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD Empty Re: WHERE DO I FIND A T FRANCIS BLUE THUNDER DUAL PLANE INTAKE MANIFOLD

Post  the Coug August 11th 2011, 1:42 am

why are you yelling? take off your cap lock....

Schmitty use to have a stealth with a dominator plate welded to the carb pad and it worked great....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 11th 2011, 7:21 am

Do you want a 4150 pattern or a 4500 pattern?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 11th 2011, 10:25 am

racinghabbit wrote:ON A BIG CUBE MOTOR 545 WITH PORTED IRON HEADS THAT HAS TO PULL 15 IN VACUUM AT 900 RPM , AND ONLY USE A SMALL STALL CONVERTER, IS IT BETTER TO USE A WEIAND 8012 INTAKE WITH THE ADAPTER TO THE 4500 FLANGE? MUD RACING W/REACTION TIME. 200FT PIT MAX. OR USE LIKE A VICTOR???

In that situation, it is probably best to use an "Air Gap" intake manifold with a 1,000 cfm 4150 carb and a working vacuum advance. THEN, use a camshaft as big as you can and still make the vacuum number. Might actually take a few tries.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit August 11th 2011, 11:06 pm

i dont know if i want to try this a couple times....
just looking for opinions.. and the cam is going to be bigger than expected
but not totallly sure, need to figure out the spring problem.
1.900 install might not be enough
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 11th 2011, 11:37 pm

racinghabbit wrote:i dont know if i want to try this a couple times....
just looking for opinions.. and the cam is going to be bigger than expected
but not totally sure, need to figure out the spring problem.
1.900 install might not be enough

If you only have 1.900" installed height with +.100" retainers then you probably have the wrong length valves or valve tips for the application.
There is NO WAY they are the FRPP valves you claim in the other thread.
With that camshaft you probably WILL be doing it more than once for 15 inches of vacuum at only 900 RPM; OR using a bunch of lash.

EDIT: The shortest roller cam valve spring to accept over .700" lift is a Manley #22440-16 and it will install as little as 1.850"

Last edited by rmcomprandy on August 11th 2011, 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum