BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is running Strange Struts on their Fox Body? What settings are you using?

+5
jbozzelle
Race Ready Fabrications
bruno
514Fox87
512Fairlane
9 posters

Go down

Who is running Strange Struts on their Fox Body?  What settings are you using? Empty Who is running Strange Struts on their Fox Body? What settings are you using?

Post  512Fairlane August 19th 2011, 10:34 pm

Anyone using the Strange fox body struts with the coil over kit? Where do you have yours set up for drag racing? Full counter clockwise is the softest extension and compression. Right now I'm running 3 clicks clockwise from full counter clockwise. I would like a little more transfer but I'm not sure I want softer compression also.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Who is running Strange Struts on their Fox Body?  What settings are you using? Empty Re: Who is running Strange Struts on their Fox Body? What settings are you using?

Post  514Fox87 August 20th 2011, 9:15 am

I am running mine in the full drag race. Not really tried any other settings. They worked good there so I left them.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Who is running Strange Struts on their Fox Body?  What settings are you using? Empty Re: Who is running Strange Struts on their Fox Body? What settings are you using?

Post  bruno August 20th 2011, 9:25 am

fully tight

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications August 20th 2011, 9:41 am

I run mine at full tight. Most guys find that even at full tight they are still too loose, it's just a valving issue with these struts. They are the best bang for the buck but they do make better ones, and they are pricey!!
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 20th 2011, 12:03 pm

Not Stranges but I ran a set of QA1s full tight. AND yes, they were still too loose...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 20th 2011, 12:15 pm

In the middle of the settings on my strange struts, but I haven't got the car dialed in yet and started playing with shock settings.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 20th 2011, 12:22 pm

IMO. Just try it. We played with the shocks andf struts at the track on one night and picked up .35 in the 60' !! Tried everything from full loose to full tight and everywhere in between. I tuned them to get the car to leave as level as it could without rotating over the right rear. The tighter they got the faster the car went. I'd like to stick a set of limiters on it and see what it would do but the car got sold.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy August 20th 2011, 2:08 pm

Last year I ordered 10 way struts from Strange.
I got 8 ways instead.
The ads clearly state 10 way. The box, directions, and sticker on struts clearly show 8-way.

I run them in the softest setting, and they are still not soft enough.
I am not impressed with them.

The original 2-way factory electronic 87-88 Turbo Coupe struts are by far the best drag struts I have ever used. ( in the soft setting of course)
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane August 20th 2011, 2:51 pm

Guess I'll just need to play with them. I've got double adjustable Afcos on the back with these on the front with travel limiters. Now I have too much adjustment and no local track to test at. I didn't change anything at the bash but I probably should have changed something. (Must be the bracket racer in me-don't change anything at the race). It feels like it wasn't transferring enough but it was plenty loose down track. My big boat likes to sway around a little. I ran my old shocks at the 60/40 setting. I guess these don't have that option.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 20th 2011, 6:13 pm

Those Strange struts and shocks are a good bang for the buck, but if you race the car a good bit you will go through 2 sets a season............only good thing is they are reasonably cheap to replace.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 20th 2011, 7:50 pm

Compression prob full tight.

We dont like those struts at all. Valving is erratic and they haven't lasted well. There high end stuff is great though.

There are many haters but we always use QA1's.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane August 20th 2011, 10:59 pm

richter69 wrote:Those Strange struts and shocks are a good bang for the buck, but if you race the car a good bit you will go through 2 sets a season............only good thing is they are reasonably cheap to replace.

How many runs per season? 2 sets a year sounds a bit extreme. I know they're budget but my comp engineering shocks lasted 15 years.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down