BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pratice tree ??

+2
Wheelie58
bird of prey
6 posters

Go down

pratice tree  ?? Empty pratice tree ??

Post  bird of prey August 23rd 2011, 1:29 pm

my rt have sucked this year, so i bought a practice tree. i want to set in the car and use it. who knows how far it is from the tree to the starting line. i'm wanting to set it up so it's as close to being at the track as i can. one thing that i have noticed so far, is that i am quicker with my right thumb than the left. i've always used my left for the trans button. think i may move it to the right side of the wheel. thanks
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

pratice tree  ?? Empty Re: pratice tree ??

Post  Wheelie58 August 23rd 2011, 2:58 pm

The tracks that use Compulink equipment are advised to place the tree 40' from the starting line. This should be relatively standard at many tracks, however.....it sure seems like some are closer.
Try practicing for 10 "hits" in each session and write the results down between hits to let your eyes and gizzard reset before the next tree. After the 10 hits, look at your best...worst and most importantly the average. The goal will be to get that average tighter and tighter.
Wait a while before making another set of 10 hits. A session before you go to work in the AM...one when you get home...and one set right before bed seems about right.
You may find that one finger is better than others. If so...just use it!
Hope this helps.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 23rd 2011, 3:05 pm

One other thing try it looking from the right and looking at it from the left.I have noticed I cut a better light if I am in the right lane over the left
just something you might want to try to
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 August 23rd 2011, 4:19 pm

Yeah, do what Keith said. Don't go making a hundred hits at a time, screwed me up for a whole season, and I still get jumpy at stop lights Mad You just want to train your eyeball, brain, and thumb or foot, to react without thinking. I believe it really does help. I also use it to evaluate different buttons. You would be suprised how inconsistent some buttons, as well as certain ways of releasing a button can be.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy August 23rd 2011, 5:05 pm

My practice tree was the best 200 dollars I ever spent. Very Happy
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn August 23rd 2011, 9:12 pm

bird of prey wrote:my rt have sucked this year, so i bought a practice tree. i want to set in the car and use it. who knows how far it is from the tree to the starting line. i'm wanting to set it up so it's as close to being at the track as i can. one thing that i have noticed so far, is that i am quicker with my right thumb than the left. i've always used my left for the trans button. think i may move it to the right side of the wheel. thanks

My paperwork from Portatree says to set mine at 30-40 ft. from the starting line. Mine is set at 35 ft. That's what's cool about my set-up, I can set it up and use it as a practice tree as well... Trying to stay somewhat sharp until I get the 'ol Banana back together... Laughing
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bird of prey August 24th 2011, 6:40 pm

sounds good. thanks guys.
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down