BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Bolt Air Box

+4
IcallhimGeorge
c.evans
'65 T-BOLT
Tore
8 posters

Go down

T-Bolt Air Box Empty T-Bolt Air Box

Post  Tore October 12th 2011, 12:36 pm

I was looking at the T-Bolt Air Boxes that came on the T-Bolts and some older Fords. Can you get an air cleaner for them????

Thanks Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

T-Bolt Air Box Empty Re: T-Bolt Air Box

Post  '65 T-BOLT October 12th 2011, 1:20 pm

check with crites restoration!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 12th 2011, 1:21 pm

Getting thru to them is tough, you have to leave a message on the box and I have emailed them.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT October 12th 2011, 1:24 pm

yeah they suck as far as that goes! i was needing a trans cross member for the fairlane, they said they don't know when they would be making them....so I built my own!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 12th 2011, 2:00 pm

I was curious I have a 64 Galaxie with the teardrop hood I drive on the street and I thought that would be neat.
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans October 12th 2011, 4:13 pm

Tore,

I'd try Dearborn Steel Tubing. They did the original Thunderbolt stuff and are still in business. Their web site is; www.dearbornsteeltubing.com
or call (248)478-2646 and ask for Tim Mason.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 12th 2011, 6:16 pm

Thanks Charlie I will try them tomorrow.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge October 12th 2011, 10:33 pm

Tore,
yes you can. We used small round (maybe 7-8")k&n filters with a top RTV'd to the bottom of the base plate so they stay there when you put the bonnet back on.

T-Bolt Air Box DSC00680

EDIT:
Crap...they arent on in this pic.

BTW, Tim Mason at DST is a helluva nice guy. Im not sure about currently but at one time he still had some original duct hose and clamps.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 13th 2011, 7:10 am

Thanks, I wondered if somebody might have done something like that. I have emailed Crites 2 times in a week and still no reply.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 13th 2011, 8:23 am

Tore, When you come to my house next week,you will pass right by Crites shop. Not sure if they are open on Sat. or not. They are about 40 min. from me. There will probably be some at the Columbus Swap next month.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 13th 2011, 9:23 am

I checked there schedule and it didn't show them being there in Nov.. I am calling Dearborn later this morning.
YOu got a hot tub???? Cool Cool Cool

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 13th 2011, 11:21 am

I callled Dearborn and they have the Box and there is an aircleaner that you insert into the hoses that go where your front light we're. They are a K&N Air filter.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 13th 2011, 5:55 pm

Tore wrote:I checked there schedule and it didn't show them being there in Nov.. I am calling Dearborn later this morning.
YOu got a hot tub???? Cool Cool Cool

Tore

Yea,you and Dan can use the garden tub together,and you both can FART all you want. I will be outside drinking Beer while you guy's are having your fun. Razz drunken drunken

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 13th 2011, 6:01 pm

After we get done with tub ,we'll see how long you can hold your breathe underwater in it Ricky Razz Razz
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 13th 2011, 7:18 pm

56Tbird wrote:After we get done with tub ,we'll see how long you can hold your breathe underwater in it Ricky Razz Razz

LOL Damm Straight.
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey October 13th 2011, 8:34 pm

Tore,
Check out this site too. I was browsing through this place when I had the Fairlane. They have some neat setups.

http://www.ramairbox.com/

Pat
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 14th 2011, 3:43 am

Thanks Pat,

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD October 14th 2011, 9:47 am

Tore wrote:I was curious I have a 64 Galaxie with the teardrop hood I drive on the street and I thought that would be neat.

Tore,
I have the cold air induction kit, 2 lengths of the 6" hose and 2 K&N E0940 filters I bought for my '64 Galaxie from Crites a couple of years ago. I took the air box back though. Decided to go in another direction. The filters alone were $50 each. I'll take $100 for everything.
I also have a set of the old style headers for the 460 conversion, three of the flanges were welded on backwards. When I took them back after I discovered it a year or so later (should have checked them to begin with) crites dug up a set they had left of the old style with one collecter missing. You would have to cut the flanges off, turn them around and reweld them, and get another collector. I was going to do it myself but really don't need another set. I'll take $150 for the headers.
I live in Lancaster and could make arrangements to meet you if you are going to Jackson. Let me know.
Thanks

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 14th 2011, 7:04 pm

GT300TD wrote:
Tore wrote:I was curious I have a 64 Galaxie with the teardrop hood I drive on the street and I thought that would be neat.

Tore,
I have the cold air induction kit, 2 lengths of the 6" hose and 2 K&N E0940 filters I bought for my '64 Galaxie from Crites a couple of years ago. I took the air box back though. Decided to go in another direction. The filters alone were $50 each. I'll take $100 for everything.
I also have a set of the old style headers for the 460 conversion, three of the flanges were welded on backwards. When I took them back after I discovered it a year or so later (should have checked them to begin with) crites dug up a set they had left of the old style with one collecter missing. You would have to cut the flanges off, turn them around and reweld them, and get another collector. I was going to do it myself but really don't need another set. I'll take $150 for the headers.
I live in Lancaster and could make arrangements to meet you if you are going to Jackson. Let me know.
Thanks

I apprecaite the offer but I am going to pass for now. Thanks Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down