BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 link help

4 posters

Go down

4 link help Empty 4 link help

Post  whatbumper October 25th 2011, 9:18 pm

Anyone with a 4 link calculator willing to help a brother out? Pm me or email me at jmminzen@gmail.com

I was really needing some info by tomorrow afternoon.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

4 link help Empty Re: 4 link help

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 25th 2011, 10:23 pm

I used to use the quick & dirty online I/C calc. at Induction Motorsports.com. Haven't used in a long time though so I'm not sure if it's still up on the site or not.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 26th 2011, 12:05 am

I just checked & the one at Induction Motorsports doesn't work for me anymore (but it just could be my new computer's browser settings).

The one at Baseline Suspensions is very similar (simple/basic) to the Induction Motorsports one. I just checked & it worked on my computer.

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/instant-center_general.php

Billy Shope's site has one too that works.

http://home.earthlink.net/~whshope/id25.html
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 26th 2011, 8:22 am

Thanks. I got the first one to work. It was a java application so it was prob just your settings. A car that we help with has a very good setup but needs to change tire size for one race and we just want to keep everything the same in the setup so I needed to know what to do with the arms to do that. Seemed very easy. I guess we'll see!

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 26th 2011, 10:30 am

I have never seen two "4 link" vehicles react the same unless they were both constructed on the same jig; and even then they are usually slightly different reacting. Exclamation

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn October 26th 2011, 6:46 pm

I have one on an Excel Spreadsheet that works great, more options that any I've seen, even where the upper and lower bars may have and inward or outward angle on them. It was created for off road but will work on anything. If you would like a copy send me an email address in a PM.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 27th 2011, 2:22 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:I have one on an Excel Spreadsheet that works great, more options that any I've seen, even where the upper and lower bars may have and inward or outward angle on them. It was created for off road but will work on anything. If you would like a copy send me an email address in a PM.

thanks. I got it.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 27th 2011, 2:23 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:I have never seen two "4 link" vehicles react the same unless they were both constructed on the same jig; and even then they are usually slightly different reacting. Exclamation

It is the same car. we are just changing tire sizes and I wanted to get it in the ballpark before we took it to the track and then adjust from there.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down