BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question nobody has been able to answer

4 posters

Go down

A question nobody has been able to answer Empty A question nobody has been able to answer

Post  Hangman October 26th 2011, 7:05 pm

I've been searching all over for these terminals. Have talked to some people at Ford and have searched some of the big name electrical web sites and have only come up with one source for these. Napa - they want a buck a half, two dollars to make one connection. I know there's a place to get these a lot cheaper. I don't want to spend 300+ dollars just to make connections on my wiring harness. I've also looked at companies like Painless, Quik Wire, etc. and nobody has what I want....maybe I'm just too picky?

A question nobody has been able to answer Terminals

The top is the standard box terminal Ford has used for years - .188-.190 wide tab
The middle is the standard pin terminal used for years also - 2.8 mm pin
The bottom is the terminal for the fuse box

What I'm doing: Since the truck I'm building is completely custom, so is the wiring and I'm just going to make a whole new harness. I want to do this the right way and want to keep the splices to a minimum. Anybody have a better source, part numbers, manufacturer, or anything?

Thanks for looking.
Dave

Edit: I can get GM connectors all day really cheap, am I going to have to go that route? Hope not.

Last edited by Hangman on October 26th 2011, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hangman

Back to top Go down

A question nobody has been able to answer Empty Re: A question nobody has been able to answer

Post  Larry Williams October 26th 2011, 7:08 pm

I bought a complete kit from Summit that includes the connecters and wire ends for a reasonable price.
all weather tight
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

A question nobody has been able to answer Empty Re: A question nobody has been able to answer

Post  the1969fordguyinky October 28th 2011, 3:23 pm

McMaster-Carr has pretty much any connector that you would want. I used a Painless kit in mine. Nice. The newer Summit stuff looks really good for the price... But if the GM stuff is dirt cheap why not use it?
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 28th 2011, 5:09 pm

Go GM or step up to the weather tite stuff.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Hangman October 28th 2011, 6:51 pm

I've been finding some good info on this.
http://www.rowand.net/shop/tech/automotiveelectricalconnectors.htm

Some suppliers, but can not get them all
http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Default.aspx?CAT=T010070#Categories

These guys have a lot listed, but again can not get them all
http://www.kentonlinecatalog.com/guide/KentAutomotiveCatalog/5-41.asp#

It's nice to be able to get some Ford part numbers to look up also.

I've really thought about going to the GM styles, but all my switches and stuff are going to be Ford ones, so I would still need some of those terminals. We parted out a couple of Lincolns and I kept all the wiring and connectors out of them, especially the weather-tite ones. We all know how much wiring is in those cars.

One place I'm getting quotes from is http://www.auveco.com/ (through Fastenal). They have tons and tons of automotive clips, fasteners, connectors, etc..

I'll have to check out McMaster too. We usually order weekly from them.

I know I'm not the only one looking for these, so the research hopefully will help others that need this info.

My other goal is to make the money stretch as far as possible with still doing things the right way. By using parts from parted out cars and looking for deals at the scrap yards, I have been doing really good for finding exactly what I need/want.

Hangman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum