BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More NHRA changes

+6
342g
cool40
schmitty
bbf-falcon
the Coug
John Myrick
10 posters

Go down

More NHRA changes Empty More NHRA changes

Post  John Myrick December 26th 2011, 8:41 pm

TEAMS, DRIVERS REACT TO NEW DRUG TESTING POLICY
Written by Tracy Renck Monday, 26 December 2011 10:00

NHRA’s new Substance Abuse Policy in 2012 will include random tests not only for drivers, but has been expanded to include more people who are involved in the sport.

According to NHRA’s Substance Abuse Policy obtained by Competition Plus, the policy applies to all “Covered Individuals.” “Covered Individuals” who are subject to and must comply with the Substance Abuse Policy shall include:

(1) anyone who holds or is applying for a competition license; (2) all non-licensed competitors;

(3) crew chiefs and crew members of any race team;

(4) all team owners who are on site during an event to the extent that any such individual is participating in the preparation or operation of the race vehicle; (5) all NHRA officials and employees in safety sensitive positions.

Covered Individuals must submit to such testing procedures as may be conducted from time to time including without limitation those tests conducted by the Independent Drug Program Administrator (IDPA), whether on-site at an event or otherwise. Violation of the Substance Abuse Policy, or failure (whether intentional or not) or refusal to submit to testing and to honestly participate in any testing procedure, will result in disciplinary action.

NHRA has selected FirstLab as the Independent Drug Program Administrator (“IDPA”) to implement and administer the Substance Abuse Policy.

FirstLab, Independent Drug Program Administrator, may be reached at 800-732-3784 or in Canada at 215-540-1651.

All testing hereunder shall be by whatever means are selected by the IDPA. The type of test to be used is determined by the IDPA. Possible types of tests may include urine, blood, breath, saliva and/or hair testing.

NHRA’s more thorough Substance Abuse Policy is being embraced by crew chiefs and drivers.
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

More NHRA changes Empty Re: More NHRA changes

Post  the Coug December 26th 2011, 8:44 pm

Oh yeah they are mad cuz they can't charge a fee for the drugs or get it SFI approved so they ban them.... Mad
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 26th 2011, 11:57 pm

Just some more BS in my opinion. Why should a owner be made to do a drug test if he's NOT in a safety sensitive situation. Bunch of Hitler's running NHRA. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 27th 2011, 12:22 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Just some more BS in my opinion. Why should a owner be made to do a drug test if he's NOT in a safety sensitive situation. Bunch of Hitler's running NHRA. Rolling Eyes

He's only required if he is involved in the prep or set up of the vehicle. This does involve him in a safety sensitive environement, both his safety and that of others if something were to fail that he was working on.

I don't like too much nanny state stuff, but in all honesty, why in the HE>> does anyone need to be doing drugs of any kind at all, let alone around loaded guns like these race vehicles? I have a very dim view of casual drug use, because a sweet young kid was murdered next door to me a couple years back because a stupid bunch of punks decided that a "fish bowl" party would be "fun". Evil or Very Mad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 27th 2011, 12:28 am

drug use has no place in racing.same goes for a drunk.JMO Neutral
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 27th 2011, 12:34 am

cool40 wrote:drug use has no place in racing.same goes for a drunk.JMO Neutral

You are really close Lee, but drug use has no place PERIOD. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  342g December 27th 2011, 1:10 pm

schmitty wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Just some more BS in my opinion. Why should a owner be made to do a drug test if he's NOT in a safety sensitive situation. Bunch of Hitler's running NHRA. Rolling Eyes

He's only required if he is involved in the prep or set up of the vehicle. This does involve him in a safety sensitive environement, both his safety and that of others if something were to fail that he was working on.

I don't like too much nanny state stuff, but in all honesty, why in the HE>> does anyone need to be doing drugs of any kind at all, let alone around loaded guns like these race vehicles? I have a very dim view of casual drug use, because a sweet young kid was murdered next door to me a couple years back because a stupid bunch of punks decided that a "fish bowl" party would be "fun". Evil or Very Mad

I agree, we don't need the drugs, and alcohol in the system of anyone having anything to do with the safety of the race car.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 December 27th 2011, 9:00 pm

I heard stories about big time top fuel racers back in the day involving drugs...........
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 27th 2011, 10:29 pm

I have no issues with this rule..............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g December 27th 2011, 10:31 pm

richter69 wrote:I have no issues with this rule..............
No one should. unless they have something to hide.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 27th 2011, 10:32 pm

schmitty wrote:
cool40 wrote:drug use has no place in racing.same goes for a drunk.JMO Neutral

You are really close Lee, but drug use has no place PERIOD. Cool
Wink
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 December 28th 2011, 12:17 am

I have no problem with it as I am not involved with NHRA and dont plan to be. I do believe that with owners, crew,drivers, and saftey personell being subject to the tests that the likes of Compton and Light should be first in line. They make decisions regarding saftey and interpetation of the rules on a split second basis, so they should be clean from alchohol and drugs as an example.

bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 December 28th 2011, 8:43 am

richter69 wrote:I have no issues with this rule..............
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down