BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue???

+4
dfree383
jc10000rpm
Larry T
soupbean
8 posters

Go down

Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue??? Empty Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue???

Post  soupbean January 5th 2012, 8:29 pm

Sorry if I put this thread in the wrong place Nick, wasn't sure where to go with this question. Anywho, I dropped the 557 a head in the 97 Stang today and I have clearence issues with the valve cover to the brake fluid reservoir. I have the Canton valve covers and there was no way in hell. With the Motorsport valve covers I have to cock the hell out of the reservoir to get them into position. I think the master cylinder itself will be fine even with the Canton covers if I relocated the reservoir. Anyone know of a relocation kit?
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue??? Empty Re: Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue???

Post  Larry T January 5th 2012, 9:15 pm

are you useing the factory power assist brake booster deal?this is the kit i am useing from skinnykid on my 94 with a bbf tall fms covers.

http://www.skinnykidracecars.com/products/537/skrc-mcyl94upbb
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue??? Empty Re: Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue???

Post  soupbean January 5th 2012, 9:32 pm

That manual set up looks to be exactly what I have. The master cylinder location looks fine but the height of the a heads are causing the valve covers to hit the reservoir. The tall FMS valve covers require the reservoir to be twisted to get to fit. The bulky Canton's... just no way unless the reservoir is relocated.

soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T January 5th 2012, 10:55 pm

i dont know what else to tell you other than call skinnykid.seems like they had a plate to go behind what you have that let the master cylinder be moved over moor?i seen one guy knotch the cover to get around the issue you mite want to think about that?

Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue??? 2010572buildpictures032
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean January 5th 2012, 10:58 pm

I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks. That pic you posted looks like the clearance I had with the DOVE 514 motor. The a heads are taller and shove the valve cover into the reservoir.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  jc10000rpm January 6th 2012, 1:13 am

are u using k-member spacers ??

jc10000rpm

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean January 6th 2012, 1:15 am

Front motor plate
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 6th 2012, 9:51 am

Did you offset the motor like factory or center it in the engine compartment?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean January 6th 2012, 3:14 pm

The engine is centered.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 6th 2012, 3:23 pm

Thats the problem.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 6th 2012, 3:34 pm

Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue??? Newnose2

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno January 6th 2012, 3:35 pm

Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue??? DSC01495

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 6th 2012, 5:26 pm

the a head deal has less room than the factory type stuff, your gonna have to move the engine or the master cyl, I'd put the master under the dash and be done with it, will take some work though.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T January 6th 2012, 9:52 pm

i would not use the spacers between the body and k member it will throw the instant center out of wack.it will hurt your 0-60ft unless this is a street car you may not be able to tell it at all.

Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 6th 2012, 11:42 pm

dfree383 wrote:Thats the problem.
Yep I'll take some measurements later I believe the motor should be offset 2 3/8" to the passenger side.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 7th 2012, 4:48 am

bruno wrote:Valve cover/ brake fluid reservoir clearence issue??? DSC01495
need better pics of yoyr cut oit front.fender welds plese.thank i need to do my 86 are.beat back into place by the.previous buyer
thanks

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down