BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do ??

+2
LivermoreDave
JT557
6 posters

Go down

What would you do ?? Empty What would you do ??

Post  JT557 January 15th 2012, 1:44 pm

Ok some of you may be aware of my project, I am pretty far with it , every thing is done on chassis exept tubular k mem,now i already have the 5 lug spindles and calipers,and i plan to put the adjustable sruts with the caster cambers on, so when the mid and front plate where installed,and dummy engine block with headers was moched up, the stock k-member had to be cut for the final placment of the plates...
my question is = if i'm not so cocerned with the weight factor right now and headers will fit, would you still put the tubular k-mem in now , or would you wait till car is compleetly running,and i'm familiar with it, cause i still have to get used to the car with all the extra power,and feel of new back half..... do you think it really matters for an enjoyable bracket car....scratch scratch

Last edited by JT557 on January 15th 2012, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on)
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

What would you do ?? Empty Re: What would you do ??

Post  LivermoreDave January 15th 2012, 2:52 pm

Install the K-member NOW.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird January 15th 2012, 3:27 pm

I left the factory k-member in my mustang and cut the center out of it and put a removable flatbar across the center for removable of the oil pan.I also cut lightened it alot by cutting away everything I didn't feel like it needed . The tubular one I had wouldn't clear my headers is why I went this route, but I like being able to remove the pan in the car.I've had to replace an oil pump and pan gasket since I did it. It sure beats pulling the engine!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 15th 2012, 4:34 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:Install the K-member NOW.

Dave.

I agree with this ^^^^^^
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 15th 2012, 6:16 pm

Dave.

Yea, It's kinda of a no brainer really if its a race car. If its a everyday long mileage car maybe not.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 January 15th 2012, 7:00 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:

Dave.

Yea, It's kinda of a no brainer really if its a race car. If its a everyday long mileage car maybe not.
Yeah ' i just need to see other people's opinion's and ,i just think that I'm getting a little ancious about being ready for spring ,and trying to cut a little work off , to get behind the wheel sooner ,so I think I will just pay the dam money and buy it already and quit pussyfootin around with theese silly questions thanx guys you are pushin me in the right direction....JT557......
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing January 15th 2012, 9:48 pm

I agree with putting in the k member.Setting the frontend is as important as the rear end of the car.It's is a good bit of work and I would not want to redo it once I got it right.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum