BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8.8 mini spool question

3 posters

Go down

8.8 mini spool question Empty 8.8 mini spool question

Post  johndickjr February 8th 2012, 6:25 pm

i have heard that to put a mini spool in a 8.8 rear its need to be a open carrier, then also heard no it can be a traction lock..does anyone know

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

8.8 mini spool question Empty Re: 8.8 mini spool question

Post  Mike R February 8th 2012, 10:14 pm

Don't waste your time and money on a mini spool, do it right and get a real one. They don't cost that much more and are much stronger. Here's one for $99.00 on evil bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-8-Ford-Full-Steel-Spool-31-Spline-NEW-Mustang-8-8-Inch-/370583297548?hash=item56487c5e0c&item=370583297548&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr February 9th 2012, 12:48 pm

that's not what i asked, i am very aware of the full spool and the fact that you have to buy axles, and c -clip eliminators in order to use one

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead February 9th 2012, 4:43 pm

johndickjr wrote:that's not what i asked

johndickjr wrote:i have heard that to put a mini spool in a 8.8 rear its need to be a open carrier, then also heard no it can be a traction lock..does anyone know

In order to run a Mini-Spool, you HAVE to utilize an open carrier. A Trac-Loc type differential won't work.

NOW,......
with that said, I have a nice used, 31-spline, open carrier that I'd be willing to sell for cheap,......."IF" you're interested?

Let me know.

Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr February 9th 2012, 4:52 pm

Copperhead wrote:
johndickjr wrote:that's not what i asked

johndickjr wrote:i have heard that to put a mini spool in a 8.8 rear its need to be a open carrier, then also heard no it can be a traction lock..does anyone know

In order to run a Mini-Spool, you HAVE to utilize an open carrier. A Trac-Loc type differential won't work.

NOW,......
with that said, I have a nice used, 31-spline, open carrier that I'd be willing to sell for cheap,......."IF" you're interested?

Let me know.

ok..thanks..

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down