BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS

4 posters

Go down

BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS Empty BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS

Post  KEVIN S February 17th 2012, 11:16 am

I am planning to buy Jeff's Pro Series 2 pc. wet sump oil pan and the pro series titan oil pump. Anyone using either of these and care to share any experience? The oil pan has all the options and is a flat bottom with a one inch step dowm in the back. My stilleto k-member moves everything(rack and k member itself) in front of the motor which allows any oil pan configuration and I can just take the bottom piece off without anything under the oil pan. Any of you guys use these Titan pumps? I know alot of sbf and chevy guys use them but it seems alot of BBF guys use the Kaase pump. I had planned to use a external oil pump but a friend used the Titan wet sump pump in a BBC with great luck and a well known engine builder also recommended them, so I figuered I would try it. He never had any oil pressure issues. He also had a billet Fab pan after he replaced his cheap street moroso pan because it would cause scavenging during hard braking. Any advise/info from anyone who has used either the Billet Fab pan and/or Titan oil pumps will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

KEVIN S

Back to top Go down

BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS Empty Re: BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS

Post  dfree383 February 17th 2012, 11:27 am

I have a one of the Fox Body Pans and and Titant Pumps, Works Great, no issues. IMO I wouldn't waste the money on a 2 piece pan.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS Empty b.f.

Post  KEVIN S February 17th 2012, 11:36 am

What do you feel is the downside (waste of money) with the 2PC pan. I don't mind spending the extra money unless there is a major concern or problem with the design. It seems to me it will make adjustments to the oil pump and bottom end inspections much easier. Thanks for the response and opinions. KS

KEVIN S

Back to top Go down

BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS Empty Re: BILLET FAB/JEFF JOHNSTON OIL PAN AND TITAN PUMPS

Post  dfree383 February 17th 2012, 12:19 pm

One more place for an oil leak IMO.

Honestly how often do you expect to inspect the bearings? If they are giving you trouble you'd better have the motor out and inspecting and cleaning everything for real, not just having a half peak with a flash light and no room to work. And if your adjusting and readjusting the pump you've done something wrong......

Again IMO the removable bottom pans are nothing but a gimmik and not a perticularly use full for 99% of the racer out there.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 17th 2012, 12:42 pm

KEVIN S wrote:I am planning to buy Jeff's Pro Series 2 pc. wet sump oil pan and the pro series titan oil pump. Anyone using either of these and care to share any experience? The oil pan has all the options and is a flat bottom with a one inch step dowm in the back. My stilleto k-member moves everything(rack and k member itself) in front of the motor which allows any oil pan configuration and I can just take the bottom piece off without anything under the oil pan. Any of you guys use these Titan pumps? I know alot of sbf and chevy guys use them but it seems alot of BBF guys use the Kaase pump. I had planned to use a external oil pump but a friend used the Titan wet sump pump in a BBC with great luck and a well known engine builder also recommended them, so I figuered I would try it. He never had any oil pressure issues. He also had a billet Fab pan after he replaced his cheap street moroso pan because it would cause scavenging during hard braking. Any advise/info from anyone who has used either the Billet Fab pan and/or Titan oil pumps will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Jeff makes nice stuff, ive used a few of his pans, as well as titan pumps, Ireally like the peterson ex pump with the vac built in.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane February 17th 2012, 2:46 pm

KEVIN S wrote:I am planning to buy Jeff's Pro Series 2 pc. wet sump oil pan and the pro series titan oil pump. Anyone using either of these and care to share any experience? Any of you guys use these Titan pumps? I know alot of sbf and chevy guys use them but it seems alot of BBF guys use the Kaase pump. Thanks guys
The BBC guys have a good thing with the Titan pumps and a good reason as to why they use them is mostly because OEM BBC pumps have spur gears. Titan's first pump was for the BBC and was an anwser to the OEM BBC spur gear pump, and frankly something that the BBC desperately needed as far as many are concerned. Instead of spur gears, the Titan pump has a gerotor mechanism inside its pump body, just like the Ford pumps. So, Ford guys already have a pump with a georotor and that's why fewer Titan pumps are used by Ford guys.

The Titan pump is a fine oil pump, and it pumps a hell of a lot of oil if that's what you need in your engine and application. Having said that, Melling pumps have succesfully supported 385 Series engines generating literally thousands of horsepower. In my opinion, BBC guys needed a pump with oiling capabilities and characteristics like that of the pump design found in the common Ford 385 Series engines.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KEVIN S February 17th 2012, 4:38 pm

Jeff makes nice stuff, ive used a few of his pans, as well as titan pumps, Ireally like the peterson ex pump with the vac built in.[/quote]

I looked at that pump setup I really like it too. Thanks for the recommendation. KS.

KEVIN S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down