BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

picking a intake manifold

4 posters

Go down

picking a intake manifold Empty picking a intake manifold

Post  johndickjr March 8th 2012, 11:34 am

i am building a 466 for my friend, heads are ported dove with 2.19--1.72 valves..stock stroke 3.85 crank..probe flat top pistons and eagle h beam rods..cam i used is the ford racing c460 hydraulic cam, his is car 90% drag car with the a trip to town, he said he may use a 150-175 shot of nitrous..i am having a hard time picking what intake to use on it..a victor or maybe a rpm airgap or stealth

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

picking a intake manifold Empty Re: picking a intake manifold

Post  Barney March 8th 2012, 11:39 am

Victor, or TFS mafia intake.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett March 8th 2012, 11:49 am

I hit my 466 D0ve headed motor with a 250ish shot of spray, but I am also running a solid roller cam. I run a Victor that has had the carb pad cut out very similar to the Mafia intake. Keep in mind that you may still have to play around with the tune some. I ended up putting a 1" Jomar power cone spacer under the carb then the spray plate on the intake. It LOVES the frosty jug. Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 8th 2012, 11:54 am

johndickjr wrote:i am building a 466 for my friend, heads are ported dove with 2.19--1.72 valves..stock stroke 3.85 crank..probe flat top pistons and eagle h beam rods..cam i used is the ford racing c460 hydraulic cam, his is car 90% drag car with the a trip to town, he said he may use a 150-175 shot of nitrous..i am having a hard time picking what intake to use on it..a victor or maybe a rpm airgap or stealth

"Ported D0VE" heads ... what are the port sizes at the flange...? Regular or CJ.

Most people in your position just buy the cheapest intake manifold which looks like it may be good enough and fits ... Laughing .

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr March 8th 2012, 12:04 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
johndickjr wrote:i am building a 466 for my friend, heads are ported dove with 2.19--1.72 valves..stock stroke 3.85 crank..probe flat top pistons and eagle h beam rods..cam i used is the ford racing c460 hydraulic cam, his is car 90% drag car with the a trip to town, he said he may use a 150-175 shot of nitrous..i am having a hard time picking what intake to use on it..a victor or maybe a rpm airgap or stealth

"Ported D0VE" heads ... what are the port sizes at the flange...? Regular or CJ.

Most people in your position just buy the cheapest intake manifold which looks like it may be good enough and fits ... Laughing .
i had ported the intake as close to the cj port as i felt comfortable with then bell mouthed the entry, probably not the best but that is what the kid wanted..lol..actually had several compliments on them , i followed the instruction on Scotty site, turned out very decent , it will be good enough for his goals

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down