BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PG Roller Tail Yokes

2 posters

Go down

PG Roller Tail Yokes Empty PG Roller Tail Yokes

Post  Rvesterby September 22nd 2009, 6:23 pm

I got a PG yoke from Moser yesterday - I slid it in the new Roller tail housing last night - there is no output shaft yet - but the yoke seemed very loose in the bearing - that may may be normal - but was wondering if anyone out there had a PG Yoke for a roller tail that was on the bench and could measure the diameter of the shaft - The diameter of the Moser yoke was 1.4935/1.494 - I am not certain of the roller tail mfg, came from Trans guy - It got to late today, but will call Strange tomorrow and see what there spec is

Appreciated

Last edited by Rvesterby on September 24th 2009, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rvesterby
Rvesterby

Back to top Go down

PG Roller Tail Yokes Empty update Moser yoke

Post  Rvesterby September 24th 2009, 10:30 pm

Turns out that a west coast CO machined the Moser yokes they sell for the Reid PG roller tail
When I called them (Inland Empire Driveline) they said the spec for the Yoke was 1.494
I pointed out that the Reid website quotes a 1.499 to 1.497 shaft to fit a 1.500 roller bearing
The person I talked with said that they had to have changed from the original bearing size
Because the 1.494 yoke fit the early bearing (1.495) as required
He did verify that the the material was 4340 heat treated and ground to size

Reid lists a Strange yoke on their website
Called Strange - that yoke size is 1.499

I believe the BTE roller tail uses a 1.500 bearing as well

Maybe that is why Damon didnt use the Moser

BTW - sanded a std PG yoke down to a 1.498 size and it fit in the bearing like a glove
Started at about 1.501 - OK for a bushing
Rvesterby
Rvesterby

Back to top Go down

PG Roller Tail Yokes Empty Re: PG Roller Tail Yokes

Post  D. Sea September 25th 2009, 12:39 pm

Ron,

I'm suffering from CRS but I think you are correct. I did a lot of research and ended up getting the Strange slip yoke because the Moser wouldn't work for some reason.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

PG Roller Tail Yokes Empty Answer

Post  Rvesterby September 25th 2009, 1:42 pm

Inland Empire Driveline makes two Billet Yokes for Moser
Both are Hardened CM Forged units with removable Caps - 1500 HP units - Identical except for shaft size
Removable caps let you remove the drive shaft from the trans end without sliding the trans forward

Moser TY650D is made to 1.494 shaft size - this is called the Reid Deadenbear Yoke
That is NOT correct, as Reid has gone to a 1.500 roller bearing tail

Moser TY650 is made to 1.500 shaft size - This is to be used with bushed tail housings
Will not work with a 1.500 bearing

I talked with Moser they will refund my money - and hopefully my frieght back to them

I talked with Inland again this AM and was told they would take a 1.500unit off their shelf and grind the shaft to 1.499 or 1.4985 or my choice at no charge. The sell direct and the price is $151 + the ride. They were not aware Reid had changed bearings size either.
Rvesterby
Rvesterby

Back to top Go down

PG Roller Tail Yokes Empty Re: PG Roller Tail Yokes

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down