BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K-member spacers

4 posters

Go down

K-member spacers Empty K-member spacers

Post  Mike R March 23rd 2012, 5:08 pm

Who uses them and how thick did you go? What are the pros and cons? I'm getting ready to install my front suspension and then the motor and transmission, I'm using plates so I can put it wherever I want it, the lower the better.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

K-member spacers Empty Re: K-member spacers

Post  738drvr March 23rd 2012, 8:42 pm

Mike, depending on your k member, steering rack and oil pan, you may not want to use spacers. A spacer will allow your engine to "sit" lower in the car(the car is actually higher in reference to the engine). Motor plates allow you to get the engine pretty low. If you're not using the stock hood, it shouldn't matter. If however you really want to use your stock hood, you could use a 1"-1 1/2" spacer to ensure you could use the stock hood. 460's in a fox body fit nice but there's not a lot of room. The engine is fairly tall simply because of its sheer size. Even with a spacer on the k-member, you would still need to use a low profile intake like a Performer or Torker II. I don't think a "tall" intake will work with any stock hood. I've got my 472 with plates sitting fairly low in my Fairmont Futura and I'm using a Torker II. a stock hood would probably fit with an 1 1/2" spacer on the K member. I've got a 5" Thunderbolt scoop so I don't have any issues. Hope that helps.

Frank.
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 24th 2012, 6:02 am

Easy enough to make your own spacers whatever thickness you want. Just order some aluminum bar stock the thickness you want and drill a couple of holes and pick up longer Grade 8 bolts to accommodate the added thickness. Hole spacing for the front is 6.875" and the rear is 2.030".

K-member spacers Kmemberscreenshot
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob March 25th 2012, 8:33 pm

mike get your lazy arse in your car and drive up north for a little bit and see what mine looks like. lol then you can make it better. j/k about the lazy part but if you would like to see how mine laid out you could then think what yours should be...zbob

zbob

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R March 26th 2012, 8:33 pm

Bob, I promise I'll get up there to check out your junk. I'm just so busy spinning my wheels and getting nothing done that it's hard to fit in anything worthwhile. PM me your number and I'll call you and make some plans.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob March 27th 2012, 8:22 am

call me on my garagedoorbob truck phone. heck its advertized all over so no pm is necessary. xxx320x282x8889.

zbob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down