BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tires come up twice. Travel limiters?

+2
bruno
soupbean
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tires come up twice. Travel limiters? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tires come up twice. Travel limiters?

Post  richter69 April 4th 2012, 2:43 pm

mount them up and check them, I have seen the numbers dead on and the actual roll out be off, and vise versa. Make sure when you check them they are the same psi.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Tires come up twice. Travel limiters? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tires come up twice. Travel limiters?

Post  soupbean April 4th 2012, 3:24 pm

richter69 wrote:mount them up and check them, I have seen the numbers dead on and the actual roll out be off, and vise versa. Make sure when you check them they are the same psi.

They are sending me out another set tomorrow. I'm afraid to mount these because if the numbers are right I will be stuck with them.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 4th 2012, 3:43 pm

soupbean wrote:
richter69 wrote:mount them up and check them, I have seen the numbers dead on and the actual roll out be off, and vise versa. Make sure when you check them they are the same psi.

They are sending me out another set tomorrow. I'm afraid to mount these because if the numbers are right I will be stuck with them.

x2 ...that is way off ......ck that front end before you get hurt

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 April 4th 2012, 3:59 pm

How about a video from the rear quarter side. We need to see the car from the side......
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean April 4th 2012, 8:01 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:How about a video from the rear quarter side. We need to see the car from the side......

I'll see if I can get one this weekend.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean April 5th 2012, 7:27 pm

[quote="richter69"]mount them up and check them, I have seen the numbers dead on and the actual roll out be off, and vise versa. Make sure when you check them they are the same psi.[/quote

Got another set in today. Both were marked 88 1/4. Checked roll out after mounting, one is 88 1/4, one is 89. Both at same psi. Is this good enough or do I need to "stretch" the 88 1/4 tire and if so how do I do that? Thanks
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 April 5th 2012, 7:50 pm

[quote="soupbean"]
richter69 wrote:mount them up and check them, I have seen the numbers dead on and the actual roll out be off, and vise versa. Make sure when you check them they are the same psi.[/quote

Got another set in today. Both were marked 88 1/4. Checked roll out after mounting, one is 88 1/4, one is 89. Both at same psi. Is this good enough or do I need to "stretch" the 88 1/4 tire and if so how do I do that? Thanks

MT and Hoosier typically have 1/2"-3/4" varience. This is fine. Any more, send 'em back. I'd say your fine
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean April 6th 2012, 2:47 am

bruno wrote:
soupbean wrote:

x2 ...that is way off ......ck that front end before you get hurt

I checked the front end and the only play is where the quick release steering wheel connects to the spline. IDK what to do about that. Holding the wheel you can move the tires approx 1/2" either way.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney April 6th 2012, 11:06 am

Could it possibly be your bump steer bushings? A couple years ago mine did that from a nasty wheel stand and it loosened up the bolts just enough to put play in the steering.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE April 6th 2012, 9:47 pm

A bump-steer geometry problem could be one possible cause for the wobble. Worn out suspension bushings/bearings/ball joints could also be a possible cause. What positive caster & toe-in numbers are you using?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3