BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from the newbee

3 posters

Go down

Hi from the newbee Empty Hi from the newbee

Post  Derek Wood April 4th 2012, 3:04 am

Hi all, Tried to attach pics from last year and failed, our first time out. For the record I don't own the car, I am the guy who is helping my freind Len with his bucket list ie I'm the car assembler,engine builder this year, pit monkey etc. I do get to drive the car when he's not up to it though. I must say this ford power is pretty impressive. I come from sand drags, offroad racing, mud racing then into drag racing all with BBC power. This is our first try with the BBF and I must say it pulls like crazy. Last year we hurt the old 460 block, split #7 cylinder wall on Len's last license pass, a 937@146 I think. Apperently we also destroyed the converter that pass.. Drag racing is such fun eh.This year we have a new A460 block 4.440x4.5 stroke 557ci, new aluminum rods,new Ross 15.2-1 pistons, larger roller Comp cam 806in 763exh, Danny B belt drive, new oil pan I think one of Jeff Johnsons, Titan pump, the heads are early 460 motorsports, the intake an early ford motorsports and topped off with a n 1800 cfm toilet on alky.Oh and a GZ vac pump. Any guesses as to what this baby will put out? Thanks to all who chimed in on my converter questions and my picture upload dilemna. Cheers Derek
PS: update.. engine and trans back in the car GZ instal to go and then some....racing this weekend not likely but a fire up party is possible.. Very Happy

Another question what type of pin is best for the bronze distributor gear?
Derek Wood
Derek Wood

Back to top Go down

Hi from the newbee Empty Re: Hi from the newbee

Post  dfree383 April 4th 2012, 3:11 am

Output depends on how good the heads are but I'd guess in the 850-950hp range, from my experiance.

Whats the full weight of the car and your typical ET / MPH ?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 4th 2012, 10:54 am

X2 what Dave said. We need pic's man Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content