BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E.T. change from suspension upgrades

+2
jbozzelle
NO FAIR
6 posters

Go down

E.T. change from suspension upgrades Empty E.T. change from suspension upgrades

Post  NO FAIR April 28th 2012, 4:01 pm

Hi all,
I have been reading on e.t. gains from adding subframe connectors, roll cages ect. to a car. Has anyone got any data from just adding suspension stuff to their build on what they gained e.t. wise?
Thanks
Dave
Smile
NO FAIR
NO FAIR

Back to top Go down

E.T. change from suspension upgrades Empty Re: E.T. change from suspension upgrades

Post  jbozzelle April 30th 2012, 11:05 pm

Years ago we added a full cage and connectors to my old 78 Futura and picked up .30 in the 1/4 that was slowly lost over the years. it's amazing what happens when power is transferred where it needs to be... This car was raced for almost 10 years without a cage or connectors. I'm talking ripped floors, slightly creased roof, etc... It needed a cage bad!!!

We added QA1 struts and shocks to my buddies 92 Fox Mustang and picked .35 in the 1/4 just by tuning the shocks/struts. In this case it was all about using the shocks and struts to move the car forward instead of allowing it to twist and want to roll over...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

E.T. change from suspension upgrades Empty Re: E.T. change from suspension upgrades

Post  bigblockfox468 May 1st 2012, 7:15 am

I hope to find out this weekend Twisted Evil

Go to https://www.429-460.com/t4799-my-build-my-fox-transformationlotsa-pics on pages 8 and 9 is what I've upgraded on my stock suspension set up......stay tuned Wink

It may be hard to compare apples to apples if you're referring to the car in your avatar and to my car since they are two different animals and I don't know how much you would benefit from my info.
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 May 1st 2012, 9:20 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:I hope to find out this weekend Twisted Evil

Good luck. I'll be waiting, lol
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE May 2nd 2012, 1:57 am

NO FAIR wrote:................e.t. gains from adding subframe connectors, roll cages ect.................
There is no set amount you might pick up with an given chassis structural improvement. But in my opinion what is more important than any possible ET improvement (from something like connectors or a cage) is the car having a chance of being more consistent/predictable pass after pass vs what the car was able to achieve before with a greater amount of body/chassis flex happening.

And using connectors and a cage together at the same time will always work better than either will work by themselves.........

Connectors by themselves (without the cage) with enough big power can still move forward/back a small amount under loading, (along with the attached factory unibody sheetmetal frame rails) increasing the chance over time that they might take a "set" out of square.

And while a cage by it's self (without the connectors) might still help hold parts the body structure in place, (at the 6x6 attachment plate areas) the span of unsupported sheetmetal floor (where the connectors would have been) can still buckle/flex/move around some under loading.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick May 2nd 2012, 2:16 am

Dave,

You have everything else done, and ready for the cage now?

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  NO FAIR May 2nd 2012, 10:56 pm

racnrick wrote:Dave,

You have everything else done, and ready for the cage now?

Not quite Rick,
I got to finish a few things and get it off the jack stands than I can do the cage.
I will be calling you when I get there.
Dave
Smile
NO FAIR
NO FAIR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down