BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCJ pistons?

+3
rmcomprandy
dfree383
blu69MachI
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SCJ pistons? - Page 2 Empty Re: SCJ pistons?

Post  rmcomprandy May 4th 2012, 9:55 am

quick 52 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
quick 52 wrote: Ford is a standup company to do buisness with im sure if akit piece in faulty Ford will make it right just like they will with you. and its not a mere 8% its $1150-$966= $184 16% of the sale sound like a balance job

Is "Race Mart" the same as "Ford" ..?

Is "Kroger" the same as "Del Monte" ...?

Is "Home Depot" the same as "De Walt" or "Milwaukee" ...?
i thought we were buying a m-6013-521 kit and taking it to a shop for the required machine work. i think most people dont have a machine shop in the garage. so thats why there is machine shops. most buy the parts they are going to use for there build.

It doesn't matter who the originating company of the kit is ... what matters is the SELLER and how he services and stands behind what HE sells.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 4th 2012, 10:01 am

466cj wrote:I would never buy a kit from some parts supplier and just drop it in without checking everything for proper machining, clearances, etc...

Really If you bought it from a value added seller you still have to do some checking as it does not know where you main housing bores are, nor what the cylinders are honed to.

These things best done by your local machine shop unless you have proper measuring equipment and even then you need the equipment to make things right if need be. Only difference buying from a value added seller would be things within the sellers control we assume would have been checked and corrected if needed.

As for tech support, if you know nothing than it could be a plus all depending...

Now if you know what you are doing or use a competent shop than the value added sellers advice likely is of no real value and it comes down to how much your local machine shop has to check and correct. I know the way we did it, and that is it all got checked, regardless of source... but a good supplier that is checking what they sell can make you life a lot easier and put a smile on your face when everything checks out the way it is supposed to. It also saves the customer the cost of rework. Warranties are great, but shipping gets expensive, not to mention delays, most just opt for rework and move on...

Steve

You are entirely correct ... that is the difference between a seller who is in the game simply for the monetary profit by selling large quantities and someone who will SERVICE and stand behind what he sells AFTER the sale is made. OF course there WILL be a pricing difference between the two, Rolling Eyes , LOL.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 May 4th 2012, 11:03 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
quick 52 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
quick 52 wrote: Ford is a standup company to do buisness with im sure if akit piece in faulty Ford will make it right just like they will with you. and its not a mere 8% its $1150-$966= $184 16% of the sale sound like a balance job

Is "Race Mart" the same as "Ford" ..?

Is "Kroger" the same as "Del Monte" ...?

Is "Home Depot" the same as "De Walt" or "Milwaukee" ...?
i thought we were buying a m-6013-521 kit and taking it to a shop for the required machine work. i think most people dont have a machine shop in the garage. so thats why there is machine shops. most buy the parts they are going to use for there build.

It doesn't matter who the originating company of the kit is ... what matters is the SELLER and how he services and stands behind what HE sells.
Now i under stand so the check is in the mail

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj May 4th 2012, 5:36 pm

Quick 52 wrote:

You are entirely correct ... that is the difference between a seller who is in the game simply for the monetary profit by selling large quantities and someone who will SERVICE and stand behind what he sells AFTER the sale is made. OF course there WILL be a pricing difference between the two, Rolling Eyes , LOL.

As the saying goes "you get what you pay for if you are lucky". LOL

Personally I'd rather give my local machine shop the business who I can talk to face to face and gives me good work, honest answers, and never passes the buck when need something out of the normal done. Those guys are a dying breed... and getting harder to find everyday.

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 5th 2012, 12:17 am

466cj wrote:
Quick 52 wrote:

As the saying goes "you get what you pay for if you are lucky". LOL

Personally I'd rather give my local machine shop the business who I can talk to face to face and gives me good work, honest answers, and never passes the buck when need something out of the normal done. Those guys are a dying breed... and getting harder to find everyday.

I'm a firm believer in a knowlagable vendor and machinist. Either one is getting hard to find because of CHEAP PEOPLE always Looking to get every last doller out of anything and not putting real value on knowlage..... Expecting it for free.....

Me..... I buy from vendors Like Lem, Randy and others on here, not for the cheapest parts..... but for the right parts, the real knowlage of the parts how to use them and real customer service.

but I always find it amazing how may guys come here looking for advice........ Trying to redo some train wreck... from the "Cheap" Shops or vendors..... They can't afford to do it right the first time.... buy they can afford to to it a few times....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj May 5th 2012, 2:20 am

[quote="dfree383"]
466cj wrote:I'm a firm believer in a knowlagable vendor and machinist. Either one is getting hard to find because of CHEAP PEOPLE always Looking to get every last doller out of anything and not putting real value on knowlage..... Expecting it for free.....

Seems we live (thanks to the internet) in an age of "cheap" knowledge... No doubt lots of train wrecks! LOL

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 5th 2012, 11:31 am

dfree383 wrote:

not putting real value on knowlage..... Expecting it for free.....

but I always find it amazing how may guys come here looking for advice........ Trying to redo some train wreck... from the "Cheap" Shops or vendors..... They can't afford to do it right the first time.... buy they can afford to to it a few times....

I have two full pages of quotes from Ben Franklin which I read every now and then which kinda puts life in perspective for me.
One of those quotes is "There is never enough time to do it the right way ... but, always enough time to do it again".

Amazingly ... some that were true 200 years ago are still true today.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2