BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good tech found again

5 posters

Go down

Good tech found again Empty Good tech found again

Post  2Strokerguy September 27th 2009, 12:20 am

Fallowed this since the net 54 days and am dissapointed with the direction that the old site is taking. I dont say much but i am always fallowing the tech stuff, originally because we were going to do a stroker in an old f-250 4x4. now we are sidetracked on a cummins in a 2 wheel drive truck for the strip. Glad to be here anyway. JOHN
2Strokerguy
2Strokerguy

Back to top Go down

Good tech found again Empty Re: Good tech found again

Post  c.evans September 27th 2009, 12:22 am

Welcome and we're glad you are here.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Good tech found again Empty Thanks Charlie

Post  2Strokerguy September 27th 2009, 12:32 am

i may not contribute a ton of info unless someone has questions on 2 strokes but we plan on getting to the medicine hat track to race the cummins and hopefully talking with Frank merkel. Also anyone off hand know where i can find boss 429 production numbers as a friend just bought a 69 with the nascar version so i am curious on the numbers. Thanks JOHN
2Strokerguy
2Strokerguy

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 27th 2009, 2:24 am

John go to the Boss 302 regestry 302boss.com and go inside they have 302,351 and 429 bosses there, you can get ahold of one of the guy's there and he can find out all about your friends car.... I have a original block here and found out it is out of a 70 grabber oragne car that has not surfaced as of yet....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge September 27th 2009, 11:35 am

you can also check out www.Martiauto.com for a "Marti Report". If you ever watch Barrett-Jackson you'll hear his name dropped quite a few times especially when concerning 69-71 Boss CJ and Shelbys. He will do all the leg work of tracking down the specifics of your friends car.

I had him do a Deluxe report for me on my 69 Boss 302 but wish I spent the extra coin on the Elite. Its really neat info.

btw, welcome
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 27th 2009, 11:51 am

IcallhimGeorge wrote:you can also check out www.Martiauto.com for a "Marti Report". If you ever watch Barrett-Jackson you'll hear his name dropped quite a few times especially when concerning 69-71 Boss CJ and Shelbys. He will do all the leg work of tracking down the specifics of your friends car.

I had him do a Deluxe report for me on my 69 Boss 302 but wish I spent the extra coin on the Elite. Its really neat info.

btw, welcome

Kris,
How much does that run?
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge September 27th 2009, 12:01 pm

Deluxe is $46 now but memory tells me it was a touch cheaper 5 or so years ago.

Elite is $220 flat rate now but I remember it being price for the deluxe package + $70per hour of research time. He said most of the time it takes 2hrs or less but they wouldnt spend more than 4hrs unless he called first. You also get a copy of the window sticker and some repo data tags all in a nice framed deal.

I think the unknown cost is what scared me away. In the grand scheme of things I shouldve spent the money because my car is rather rare. It came factory with white deluxe interior and left Dearborn with window louvers (not dealer add-on like most). It also has NO options.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 27th 2009, 12:21 pm

IcallhimGeorge wrote:Deluxe is $46 now but memory tells me it was a touch cheaper 5 or so years ago.

Elite is $220 flat rate now but I remember it being price for the deluxe package + $70per hour of research time. He said most of the time it takes 2hrs or less but they wouldnt spend more than 4hrs unless he called first. You also get a copy of the window sticker and some repo data tags all in a nice framed deal.

I think the unknown cost is what scared me away. In the grand scheme of things I shouldve spent the money because my car is rather rare. It came factory with white deluxe interior and left Dearborn with window louvers (not dealer add-on like most). It also has NO options.

Thanks for that, good info Exclamation Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge September 27th 2009, 12:49 pm

anytime.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR