BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phillip Oakley.............!!!

+2
Mike R
ThndrChkn
6 posters

Go down

Phillip Oakley.............!!! Empty Phillip Oakley.............!!!

Post  ThndrChkn August 11th 2012, 12:29 am

You sir, are 'Da Man!! Let me fill y'all in a little bit here... I called Phillip 2 years ago in regards to track prep. On a very, virgin asphalt surface... Phillip endured I don't know how many phone calls regarding the subject... I followed his advise to the letter, and tonight in our 3rd year of racing at our airport, AND only racing one event/year to boot at this facility, it paid off, BIG TIME!!! Tonight we had a $500.00 winner take all King of The Track race. And I'm not kidding even a little bit, when I tell you, cars were literally pulling the front tires up to a foot off the track surface!! Cool Cool I lost track of how many people asked me how I got this track to hook like that when we only do one event/year. But probably, realistically, about 6-8 I would say... And man do I give Phillip a plug or two. I tell everyone I talk to about it, that there's this guy in Kentucky that I talk to on occasion, that knows a thing or two about prepping a track, and after a few phone calls, he got me all straightened out... Wink

Thanks Phillip, I really couldn't have gotten this surface where it is without your help... Only you could prep a track from 1800 miles away... Laughing Laughing Like I said, you are 'Da man!!!
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Phillip Oakley.............!!! Empty Re: Phillip Oakley.............!!!

Post  Mike R August 11th 2012, 1:01 am

cheers cheers cheers

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 11th 2012, 1:10 am

No complaints from me about Windy Hollow. For an older surface that thing is dialed in.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 11th 2012, 1:27 am

Well he's "almost" in your neck of the woods this weekend. He's at the NHRA Division 5 points race at Cordova, IL racing in Top Dragster. For you guys that are in the eastern Iowa, northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin area that want to see a bad azz fast Ford run, he's qualified in the show at #6 with a 6.535 @ 205 mph. Go spectate and pay Phillip a visit.

Also in Top Sportsman (door cars) we have only 3 Fords entered. There is J. J. Heber in his '06 Mustang, in at #9 with a 6.905 @ 201. Then Monte Green with his 1995 Probe is in at # 14 with a 7.015 @ 195. I have had the pleasure of doing cylinder head work for both of those guys.

Since this race is right in Circle R Rich's backyard, I kinda thought he might show up for Top Sportsman with the blue Hemi Mustang, but I don't see him entered.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 11th 2012, 2:42 am

Week off for us. I will be at Cordova next week for aa race. I actually grew up in the Quad Cities and Cordova was my Home track. Did my licensing passes there in 1993 in my Dads 48 Anglia. It's a great facility and I try to make it back a few times a year. The restaurant down the road used to be a pretty good place to grab breakfast in the morning, but I believe it's changed hands a few times and hasnt been the same the last few years. Maybe I'll stop by on Sunday and say hi, I should go see my Mom who still lives in Rock Island, been a couple months since I've headed west instead of east. Rich doesn't run top sportsman, he's mulled it over a few times, but never committed to it, seems like it would be a good fit, but with his schedule I don't know how many events he could make and it seems like a deal that you would have to go all in on to be competitive.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell August 11th 2012, 12:24 pm

Been to Cordova alot of times. Great place and local

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports August 13th 2012, 8:32 am

ThndrChkn wrote:You sir, are 'Da Man!! Let me fill y'all in a little bit here... I called Phillip 2 years ago in regards to track prep. On a very, virgin asphalt surface... Phillip endured I don't know how many phone calls regarding the subject... I followed his advise to the letter, and tonight in our 3rd year of racing at our airport, AND only racing one event/year to boot at this facility, it paid off, BIG TIME!!! Tonight we had a $500.00 winner take all King of The Track race. And I'm not kidding even a little bit, when I tell you, cars were literally pulling the front tires up to a foot off the track surface!! Cool Cool I lost track of how many people asked me how I got this track to hook like that when we only do one event/year. But probably, realistically, about 6-8 I would say... And man do I give Phillip a plug or two. I tell everyone I talk to about it, that there's this guy in Kentucky that I talk to on occasion, that knows a thing or two about prepping a track, and after a few phone calls, he got me all straightened out... Wink

Thanks Phillip, I really couldn't have gotten this surface where it is without your help... Only you could prep a track from 1800 miles away... Laughing Laughing Like I said, you are 'Da man!!!

Thanks for the compliments and you are more than welcome. Glad I could help!

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down