BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eliminator new heads

+21
Tony M
Lem Evans
Frank Merkl
bbf-falcon
LETHAL_DOSE
jasonf
jsgun
curleysracecars
IDT-572
QtrWarrior
Doug Rahn
richter69
466cj
66prostreetfairlane
Nevs
the Coug
Barney
IDTJay
c.evans
cool40
FASTLane
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Eliminator new heads - Page 2 Empty Re: Eliminator new heads

Post  FASTLane August 14th 2012, 10:25 pm

Thanks for the info. We have secured a new set with all the needed valve train etc. Motor will be 632, N/A.

FASTLane

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 14th 2012, 10:36 pm

FASTLane wrote:Thanks for the info. We have secured a new set with all the needed valve train etc. Motor will be 632, N/A.
a new set of the 1500s?
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  curleysracecars August 17th 2012, 11:44 pm

c.evans wrote:
Barney wrote:
c.evans wrote:This man paid for a set 22 months ago and hasn't gotten them yet. So a red flag maybe???
The thread is over on the old BB Ford site,,,,,http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152390

Charlie
I bet if they were P51s, or a TFS product this post wouldn't have been made. JMHO.

Well you would lose that bet. I just got back from church and the topic of the sermon was when Jesus became rightously indignant (angry) and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers in the temple. In other words he took a stand on an issue.

Anyone has a right to be upset over not getting racing heads that have already been paid for, after 22 months. Whether those heads be Edelbrocks, P-51s, TFS, FRPP, Pro-Filer or Thors. They would have a right to be upset with me or any other cylinder head guy. Harry Truman had the sign on his desk that said; "The buck stops here", and it does with whomever accepted the money for the heads. That's one big reason I do not accept pre-payment money from my customers if unfinished work is still to be done. You can ask Robert Snowball, Bob Curley, Keith White, Gary Heber, David Cole, Bobby Anthony and the list goes on. When I get the heads done, I ship them and call the customer and tell him what he owes me. Like I said, you'd lose that bet.

Charlie Evans

We can vouch for that! Shocking when you get a call from someone saying your stuff is on the way....now pay me. In the racing world, its usually the other way around and then you get screwed. HAHA. Charlie represents the absolute top of high quality, friendly, and knowledgable services in this industry. As mentioned, I dont think he meant anything bad by his post...just letting people know it may take awhile to get the heads in question.
curleysracecars
curleysracecars

http://www.curleysracecars.com

Back to top Go down

Eliminator new heads - Page 2 Empty Here's the real story as it happened...

Post  jsgun September 1st 2012, 2:52 pm

Hi, my name is Jody, and I'm the individual involved in this ridiculous situation with Jay, or rather IDT. It starts like this...
-Mid 2010: I was told by a man at Livernois Motorsports about a company called IDT and about Jay Cornell. He said they were top notch BBF experts and had a new head in the making, believed to out-perform the Thor's. This piqued my interest since I was in the market to build a hard-hitting BBF.
-Sept. 2010: First contacted Jay. Told him I was interested in the new cylinder heads he was working on. We discussed what I would do with the combo. He began to engineer what looked to be an outstanding performer. I knew right away Jay definitely knew his stuff, and I appreciated everything he brought to the table. We talked a couple more weeks and decided to go ahead with the build. I’d be at Engine Master's (EMC) in Lima, OH a couple weeks later and told Jay I’d bring my block + 2/3 of the money so we could move forward and he could begin to round up necessary parts and have machine work performed. We agreed he’d have LSM machine my block and grind the camshaft to his specs. He also said he’d take care of having a crankshaft made by the supplier of his choice as well as a set of pistons, by Diamond, made to his specs. I was completely comfortable allowing Jay to take care of these aspects due to the customization needed and his technical knowledge of the heads. I’d performed my own background check on Jay and my thoughts were confirmed as he came highly recommended by some notable people in the industry. The general consensus was that he was honest and very knowledgeable.
-Oct. 2010: As planned, transaction is made at EMC and went like this… Jay met me there driving a van that read IDT on the side. He brought a casting of a 1500 that we both closely examined. We discussed many aspects along with possibilities it’d offer. We discussed a time frame. He said the 1st batch of heads was scheduled to be completed by late November ‘10 and one set would be mine. He assured me the rest of the parts and machine work, as discussed, would be completed and delivered by the 3rd week of December ‘10. I then paid him the down payment agreed upon.
-Dec. 2010: Since EMC, no contact was made until Jay called to say that, due to multiple reasons for delays, everything would be in after the first of 2011.
-Early 2011: Contact made every few weeks with a new estimated completion date promised every time.
-June 2011: Parts finally began arriving.
-Late Aug. 2011: Always able to get in touch with Jay to this point and still being given new completion dates. I’d now received everything owed, except heads, head studs, & rocker arms.
-Nov. 2011: I’d attempted contact with Jay until finally it’d been 3 months since I’d heard from him. I wasn’t sure what had happened but never really thought he was avoiding me. I began calling him every day, leaving voice messages, sending text messages, even trying to call & email him at Ford Motor Co… any way I could think of to get a hold of him, for weeks with no luck.
-Dec. 2011: Came across his dad’s home phone number. I called early one morning, spoke with his dad and first asked if Jay was even ok, which he was. I informed him how I’d been trying to get in touch with Jay. He was very nice and apologetic, saying he’d have Jay call me soon. About an hour later, a guy called me saying he was performing the machine work on my heads and would be my new contact for updates until they were shipped. Obviously, I was relieved and thought this would soon end. I told him the story and asked him to please have Jay call me…still no call.
-First ½ of 2012: I’d occasionally hear from the machinist (after trying to contact him many times) who’d yet again give me new completion dates - all within a few weeks of each other.
-Late July, early Aug. 2012: I was given Charlie Evans’ contact info by an acquaintance of mine that thought he may be the only person that could help. I talked to Mr. Evans, whom was very helpful, saying he’d look into it for me. *NOTE: It’s now been over a year since I was in touch with Jay.
-Now: This is where we are at. I never wanted to involve other people nor smear anyone’s name in the mud. However, by Mr. Evans honestly trying to help me, this has turned into people taking the situation in a very wrong direction, such as bashing Jay (whom I think very highly of for his wealth of knowledge) and bashing Mr. Evans. It’s finally to the point of laying it all on the table…the good and the bad…and there it is. The fact of the matter is I’ve paid for my parts, waited extremely patiently, and I just want my parts so I can build my engine.
***I also want to give a huge thanks to Mr. Charlie Evans for taking the time and sticking his own neck out to help me. I sincerely apologize for the headache!***
jsgun
jsgun

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj September 1st 2012, 4:31 pm

Well I see your post on the other board and here. I see Charlie's posts warning of delays in open forum. So I have to ask, what is the point? If you are not happy ask for your money back. If they don't take them to court for damages. Putting this stuff on open forums to me just does not seem to be a good way to get your parts unless your intention is to try to make the company look bad and hope that will scare them into action. Sorry for your problem and hope it all works out to your favor, but I just don't get airing all this in open forum. Just my opinion.

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior September 1st 2012, 6:24 pm

The point is to forewarn others of possible "issues"

How would you like to be in his shoes and then find out someone could have warned you ?
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj September 1st 2012, 8:54 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:The point is to forewarn others of possible "issues"

How would you like to be in his shoes and then find out someone could have warned you ?

I had a pair of shoes like that so I do know what it is like. I also know this is low run, specialty stuff and with that type of stuff the "another two weeks" has been going on since people started hotrodding stuff. Not saying it is right or good way to conduct business, but do understand the why. Don't know maybe I should get out more, but in my travels those who aspire to that kind of one off stuff usually have contact with people who will tell them can take a long time. I know was not a total surprise to me.

Well at any rate I hope it works out for him.

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 1st 2012, 9:17 pm

It appears to me that the biggest problem is the total lack of communication on the part of IDT and Jay. Man up and give an honest estimate of what is going on and when delivery will be made. By not returning calls, I know what I would think. And yes, having raced Pro 5.0 for five years, I am aware of what it's like to deal with high end parts and the people who sell them. If I was the gentleman in question, I'd be upset too and with good reason. I hope it works out for him, I hate to see anyone get taken.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 1st 2012, 9:18 pm

take a walk on the wildside........... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 1st 2012, 10:22 pm

deleted
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 3rd 2012, 12:17 am

466cj wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:The point is to forewarn others of possible "issues"

I had a pair of shoes like that so I do know what it is like. I also know this is low run, specialty stuff and with that type of stuff the "another two weeks" has been going on since people started hotrodding stuff. Not saying it is right or good way to conduct business, but do understand the why. Don't know maybe I should get out more, but in my travels those who aspire to that kind of one off stuff usually have contact with people who will tell them can take a long time. I know was not a total surprise to me.

Well at any rate I hope it works out for him.

466cj,

You seem to keep mentioning the "one off stuff" (low run speciality) as an excuse, and it's not just the speciality heads. A respected truck puller from Kentucky made an serious earnest money deposit for a set of the IDT A+ heads and has been waiting for over one year for them.

By the way, who are you?

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Eliminator new heads - Page 2 Empty 466cj

Post  jsgun September 3rd 2012, 9:47 am

Being that IDT has advertised the 1500's in National Dragster kinda throws that one off specialty stuff out the window as well. If I were a vender before I advertised a product I would make sure I had the product. Try having about 60k in a dragster that you can not finish due to waiting on one piece.
jsgun
jsgun

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj September 3rd 2012, 7:00 pm

I will say the situation is unfortune, and as I stated before I hope works out for JSGUN. I will also say anyone who wants to avoid this type of pitfall should ONLY buy what IS actually on the shelf. It is not just IDT who has been guilty of long delays and poor communication.

Charlie I am surprised you do not know who I am? Steve Salesky, AKA 68xr7cat. and before you think anything other what I wrote is just my opinion. If you have an issue with me I can PM my phone number and you can call me.

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 3rd 2012, 8:25 pm

Steve,

No sir, I did not know who you were, because you have changed your CB handle so to speak. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me. Also, I want to thank you for posting the old Car Craft article on the thread about the iron Boss 429 heads.

In regards to the IDT heads, I think that what you wrote is your own opinion, no problem there. You and I disagreed before and likewise we have agreed on things. Like you, I hope Jody gets his 1500 heads tomorrow, however I'm not holding my breath. Same in regards to the Kentucky truck puller and engine builder who has waited for a year for his A Plus heads. As Jody pointed out, many phone calls, many e-mails and attempts at both have been made behind the scenes, before this was mentioned here on the forum.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  LETHAL_DOSE September 4th 2012, 9:32 am

Jody,

Unfortunately I am all to familiar with your issue. I went through the same thing a few years ago. I never posted about it because every time you do, someone gets on here and says its your fault or starts bashing you. I am not bashing anyone here just agreeing with what you are going through. It came down to me using other people's phones and or blocking my name from coming up on caller ID for them to answer. It is very frustrating when you have that kind of money out on the table and do not know if you are ever going to get anything out of it. I did finally get my engine, only took about a 1 1/2 years. I will say that we had some issues with it, but Jay did stand behind everything (which some will not do).

I am not bashing anyone here, just telling my story is eerily similar to Jody's. Jay is very knowledgeable, and does some thinking outside the box. He also makes some good parts and power, but they need to work on meeting their deadlines they give to customers, or at the very least answer their phones. I would rather hear straight up what is happening than give me some bs answer about parts in machining going to be done in a couple weeks just to get me off the phone.

I am not trying to discourage people from using IDT, just be aware it may take a while to get your product. Without Jay we would not have some of the fine products we do for the BBF.

Mike
LETHAL_DOSE
LETHAL_DOSE

Back to top Go down

Eliminator new heads - Page 2 Empty Still waiting !

Post  jsgun September 26th 2012, 10:52 pm

Still getting ship date promises from Jay's machinest !! Needless to say still do not have my heads.
jsgun
jsgun

Back to top Go down

Eliminator new heads - Page 2 Empty Series 1500

Post  jsgun November 14th 2012, 12:37 am

My series 1500 cylinder heads showed up today. After about an hour long visual inspection, the only thing that I can say about them is that they are fuckin' stunning. Excuse my language, but that's how to best describe them - so good that the wait is just a distant memory. I'm going to continue my inspection by disassembling the heads & further checking every detail. I feel like everything is top-notch and most likely will not find any concerns. A couple other gentlemen in the BBF-world will inspect them as well. I'll continue to post info as I can, and, hopefully sooner than later, some dyno results.
jsgun
jsgun

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 14th 2012, 12:55 am

thats good to hear Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 14th 2012, 1:29 pm

jsgun wrote:My series 1500 cylinder heads showed up today. After about an hour long visual inspection, the only thing that I can say about them is that they are fuckin' stunning. Excuse my language, but that's how to best describe them - so good that the wait is just a distant memory. I'm going to continue my inspection by disassembling the heads & further checking every detail. I feel like everything is top-notch and most likely will not find any concerns. A couple other gentlemen in the BBF-world will inspect them as well. I'll continue to post info as I can, and, hopefully sooner than later, some dyno results.

Thats great news Jody. Sometimes things are worth waiting for.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj November 14th 2012, 4:20 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
jsgun wrote:My series 1500 cylinder heads showed up today. After about an hour long visual inspection, the only thing that I can say about them is that they are fuckin' stunning. Excuse my language, but that's how to best describe them - so good that the wait is just a distant memory. I'm going to continue my inspection by disassembling the heads & further checking every detail. I feel like everything is top-notch and most likely will not find any concerns. A couple other gentlemen in the BBF-world will inspect them as well. I'll continue to post info as I can, and, hopefully sooner than later, some dyno results.

Thats great news Jody. Sometimes things are worth waiting for.

X2

Good to here it worked out!

Steve

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl November 14th 2012, 7:28 pm

okay now we need pics!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 14th 2012, 10:36 pm

richter69 wrote:take a walk on the wildside........... Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwD261MHsc

Steve I hope your shoe delivery gets better.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M November 14th 2012, 11:38 pm

What is the max CFM one can expect out those heads ?
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 15th 2012, 2:15 am

Jody,

I'm glad to hear the good news about you getting your heads. Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj November 15th 2012, 5:31 am

Lem Evans wrote:Steve I hope your shoe delivery gets better.

Am strictly off the rack now a days Cool

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next