BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

be careful

+3
bbf-falcon
ThndrChkn
Dave Maxwell
7 posters

Go down

be careful Empty be careful

Post  Dave Maxwell August 23rd 2012, 9:39 am

Last night a guy was outside of the safety window and a hydraulic line blew on a cylinder test. Cut his arm off and opened up his abdomen. Found his arm 25 feet away. Around 3000 psi. Friend got hit on face last month with a sensor and crescent wrench when pressure didn't get bled off first. He is still having eye surgery after reconstruction of his nose and orbital socket

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

be careful Empty Re: be careful

Post  Dave Maxwell August 23rd 2012, 10:11 am

To clarify. The safety window is a shield that the tester stands behind

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn August 23rd 2012, 12:40 pm

Man Dave, that's a bad deal for sure. I hope everything turns out ok, considering.
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell August 23rd 2012, 1:03 pm

Heard he made it through surgery and is in critical. People on the scene said his bowels were out

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 24th 2012, 12:25 pm

We all take safety for granted sometimes for sure. Just last week an arm bushing weld broke on my lift.My Crew cab dually came off it backwards w/me under it. I was truly fortunate not to get hurt or killed.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield August 24th 2012, 12:36 pm

This is so true that we all take safety for granted ! I for one do ! It is funny that you guy's posted this as I am going over saftey for my students in shop class at this time.

I hope all of you guy's co workers recover and hate to here about any time some one gets hurt.
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell August 24th 2012, 1:07 pm

He just passed away

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield August 24th 2012, 1:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your co worker . Will be praying for his family
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 24th 2012, 1:57 pm

Sorry to hear that Dave. It is funny how a guy doesn't care as much about life until you start getting older (on the downhill slope to death is what I call it).

The biggest thing that scares me at work is how people don't understand/recognize stored energy. If some thing goes wrong where is everything going to go. Unfortunately your co-worker is a perfect example of it and that is just terrible.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH August 24th 2012, 2:59 pm

whitefield wrote:This is so true that we all take safety for granted ! I for one do ! It is funny that you guy's posted this as I am going over saftey for my students in shop class at this time.

I hope all of you guy's co workers recover and hate to here about any time some one gets hurt.

first thing in saftey is slow down and think . In a hurry will get one in trouble

Dave , I hope the best for them guy's . will never be the same but they are still here

DanH

Back to top Go down

be careful Empty never safe enough

Post  429 Powered 84 August 25th 2012, 1:34 pm

As it turns out a few months back I was removing a u joint from a semi drive line that had broken while pulling out of the gravel pit and had it in a 40 ton press,heated and hitting it with a hammer when what felt like a little piece of dirt had hit me in the lower eye lid.

But in fact it was a piece of steel that had come from the u joint and went under my saftey glasses and cut my left eye right next to my cornia!

Eye doc said he couldn't find anything but I had a lasseration about 1/16 from my cornia felt like I had a piece of 3/4 rock in my eye! Just shows even when you take the precautions sometimes they aren't enough!!!!

Now I have to wear Glasses so I can focus correctly with my left eye!

Dave you seem to always have goood insite in the saftey area. Thanks all take care.

Dan

429 Powered 84
429 Powered 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down