BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Pulls

2 posters

Go down

Weekend Pulls Empty Weekend Pulls

Post  TRUKPULR August 26th 2012, 9:52 am

Gillett WI Pull

OK I leave home at 1:30 p.m. so I can get to Gillett early enough so I get the best parking spot right by the drive on for the scale. last year the Fair board reworked the track and turned it around so we now enter on the back side. NO biggey but it just switches where the good parking spot is now. So ok I get to Gillett at 2:30 p.m. pull starts at 6:30 I get the spot I wanted perfect. Now I go to unchain ShaZam and I see my front Mod tire is a little low so in pump it up to 11.5 pounds check the other front tire it’s at 10.0 pound so I give it a little shot while I have the air compressor out. OK take ShaZam off the trailer and the weight bar hits the ramps as it coming off. Only way it does this is iff the tires are lower then 10 pounds, So go look and sure enough the tires flat. What the heck.. So back up on the trailer and I hear it hissing out of the valve stem area. Well I have tubes in these tires so I figured I must have pinched it coming off the trailer and ripped the tube. So ok I have a spare tube at home. Do I unhook from the trailer head home and fix it. Call someone to bring the tube to Gillett and fix it there, Or just throw the Super Stock tires on the fronts for the night and fix it tomorrow. I put the Super Stock tires on for the night it’s the easiest.

So with this dilemma dealt with we moved on to the next, Jodi was missing a few things from their totes, and needed an extension cord and a printer of which I have both in my Trailer, So problem solved. But for some reason My Printer and Jodi’s computer don’t like each other so we need to download a copy of the printer driver onto Jodi’s computer. Problem I don’t have the disk with me So we needed to find a internet connection to download the driver from Epson. Well as it happened one of the pullers had a wifi hotspot on his cell phone and we downloaded it that way took about an hour to get it but it’s now loaded on the computer.

Ok now with everything up and running it’s time for something to eat. The Boys all headed over to the local eatery across the road so I had them order me up a burger and some cheesy potatoes. Now I usually have a Big John Burger and some fries at the 4h’s booth but this year I thought I go with the boys and have some fun. Big mistake ya I had fun but the burger Bruce order me wasn’t something I would have ordered. Double Brat patty single beef patty with
Cheese and 2 strips of Bacon to top it off. It went down but it sat right on top of the old stomach if you know what I mean.

So ok I get back in time for the drivers meeting. Lance was explaining how the Fair Board only wanted us to pull 225’ on their 250’ track, because they don’t want us to drive into there Texas weight walls at the end of the track. With that done Pat said he’d do his best (wink wink) to keep us in that 225 to 230 foot mark on the track. Pat is very good at running the sled and I have full confidents in his ability to stop us at the big end of the track.
So OK Where running Mod 4x4 tonight Super Stock is all done in N.E.W. for the season, tonight’s line up there was 9 classes and Mod was number 8 and ShaZam was 3rd puller in the class. So during the night I was up by Jodi and I filled in and announced a few classes for her.

Finally it was time for the mod trucks to pull so I headed out to get ShaZam over the scale.
Now Derek Peetz was the first hook in the class, Derek bogged bad off the line but it came up at the 75 foot mark and pat stopped him at the 244.69’ mark, Derek turned his pull down thinking he’d do better had he not bogged off the line. So Craig Emmes was up next with Cold Ethyl and he gets lined up and pulls the chain tight as he got the green flag Cold Ethyl developed a little hop off the line but got things straighten out by the 100 mark and as Pat hit him with the last stage he was sitting at the 240.62 mark with a track speed of 20.30 mph. Right there Bruce told me Derek done fucked up. So ShaZam was up next and I knew I had one gear to high in the box for the track tonight but with running the DOT tires on front I figured I could manhandle my way to the end of the track. So I get all hooked up and pull the chain tight All switches are on hit the tach record and pushed on the clutch peddle till the r’s came up to 5000 and we slipped it out of the hole, by the 100 mark the r’s where not heading up like they should have been so I gave the clutch a little push and then ShaZam came to life 6000, 7000, 7800, pulled down to 6800 and then back up to 7800 where the last stage hit me and we slid to a stop at the 241.69’ with a track speed 20.60 mph. 1ST place looking good. So I get ShaZam as far back to the trailer as I could then headed to the announcer’s booth to watch the rest of the class try to knock me off the top.
Next up was Tom Scheffen he borrowed a set of Mod tires for the night from Jack Peters. I told Tommy earlier to make sure he had both hands on the wheel tonight Cuz he’s going for a ride with the bar tires. I was right as he came off the line the front tires where waving at the crowd in and out about 6” But he managed to keep it in bounds, At the 150’ mark I think he broke a front axle cuz the engine r’s picked up but he slowed down and Pat stopped him at the 195.07 mark.
Next up was My Beer drinking buddy Bruce Wagner with Bad to the Bone. He got all hooked up and took off and as he passed the announcer booth I could see his front tire where just piling the dirt into the rear tires harder then I seen before Pat stopped him at the 231.02 mark with a track speed of 20.10 mph. so with this I had a little halleluiah up on the stage, Dodging the first of four bullets.
Next up was Mean Streek and he been whooping up on me all season. He came off the line and seemed to run good then as the last stage hit him he stopped at the 235.02 mark with a track speed of 21.30 mph. faster then me but less distance mean the track was going away.
Next up was Steve Swanson got hooked up 7000 side step and he was heading down the track with a little bounce but stay in it and road it to the end where Pat stopped him at the 216.58 mark with a track speed of 17.70 mph.
OK Derek is coming back for his re-hook and I don’t know if he re-geared the truck or not but he got hooked up and as he got the green flag his motor came up really fast this time and he was just buzzing his tires, Pat stopped him at the 226.71 mark with a track speed of 19.60 mph.

So ShaZam fended them off with the track helping me out by going south. The Track Gods are Happy with ShaZam tonight …

OK Wausaukee WI tonight .. Hope the Gods are still happy with ShaZam.

Dan ands ShaZam

Wausaukee WI.
What a different a day makes.
Last night I was king of the mountain tonight I sucked a little bit tonight. There was 9 trucks here tonight 7 of them where Super Stock playing in the Mod class. Craig Emmes and Clam Linder where the only true mod trucks here. Tonight Mod class was the 4th class in the docket. So with only 9 trucks here every one was getting a paycheck. ShaZam was 2nd puller in the class Following Craig Emmes Now I don’t have the paper work from the class to I’m doing this from memory. Craig pulled 304.16’ ShaZam was next pulling 296.45’ Steve Sterwald was next pulling 302.36’ Then came Scott Keickbusch He pulled 298.20 but was DQ for going out of bounds. Then came my Beer drinking buddy Bruce Wagner Pulling 299.25’ next up was Steve Swanson and he pulled 275.36’ next truck up was Clim Linder He had a few issues but managed to pull the sled to 274.20
Next up was Derek Peetz he pulled 294.33’ the Last truck in the class was Sue Sterwald and she pulled the sled to 297.68.

So ShaZam finished 5th for the night here in Wausaukee WI.

Next weekend there are Pulls on Friday night at Suring WI , Jim Falls WI on Saturday Harrisville WI on Sunday and Norway MI on Monday.

I’ll let you know how the weekend goes on Monday.

Dan and ShaZam

TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Weekend Pulls Empty Re: Weekend Pulls

Post  Lem Evans August 26th 2012, 6:51 pm

Very Happy Very Happy good job Dan.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down