BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lena Dairy Fest

4 posters

Go down

Lena Dairy Fest Empty Lena Dairy Fest

Post  TRUKPULR September 9th 2012, 1:03 pm

Lena WI

OK Pulling season is coming to and end, this was the last pull on the N.E.W. Schedule for everyone but the 7000 Farm Tractors. Got home from Work and headed to bed @ 7:15 a.m. planned to sleep till noon then head out. Well Woke up at 10:30 and got up early, To Many things running thru my head Oh well. So helped the wife with a few things then ate lunch. Headed out at 12:30 for a Pull that was scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. Normal time frame. Well got too Lena and I ended up parking in the lower pasture one of the places I don't like to be there, To dusty and if it rains it gets really slippery fast. So as I head up to see what's going on I find out the tractors just started 2 hr's late, there's 18 tractors classes today So it's going to be a while before the trucks get to start. But I was talking to a fellow puller and he told me they had Killer Steak Sandwiches over at the Fair grounds. Cool Love them steak sandwiches. So with 18 tractor classes looking at me I though this would be a good time to take a little nap and catch up on some sleep, So I headed to the camper 2:00 p.m. Well pretty soon I heard a knock on the door and Jodi had the standing for the 7000 and 9500 Tractors.
Looked at my watch and it was 4:00 p.m. Wow nap felt good. So added the standings to my spread sheet but couldn't get a good internet connection to log them onto the net. Headed out to walk around a little and spotted a parking spot up by the track that was open so I moved the rig up there, got it all leveled out and set up camp. Finally got a internet connection for the lap top and posted current stands. Looked at my watch and it's 4:30 p.m. and they just started the 8000 Pace tractor class half way done. So I took a walk over to get a steak sandwich only find out they sold out of them and hour ago. Oh that sucks. So headed back to the camper there was some rain clouds headed our way and got on weather.com to try to do a time study on how long the rain was going to last. The crew got the track covered and it rained lightly for 40 minutes, once the clouds cleared they got busy on getting the track back in condition for pulling. Classes resumed at 6:45.
Well tractors finally got done at 7:30 p.m. and we had a drivers meeting and got the trucks lined up and ready to go by 7:40 p.m. So we had three truck classes here tonight Misfit which are street driven truck that aren’t really stock anymore there was 12 of them. 2.6 Mod Diesel class there was 7 of them, and then Mod 4x4 we had 6 in our class and I was the last puller of the night.

OK Class line up tonight Mike Kauss, Tom Scheffen, Craig Emmes, Bruce Wagner, Sheila Vanne, and Me.

So Mike Kauss gets lined up to Jimmies 007 Sled, Mike doesn’t normally run Mod but he borrowed a set of mod tires from Cory Lemirande for the night. Mike came off the line a little slow and his tires hooked to the track right a way, as his motor came up he got a good head of steam going and Jimmy stopped him at the 312.03' mark with a track speed of 23.3 mph. I was standing at the end of the track where Mike stopped so I got in line with the last block where he stopped and burned it into my memory.
Tom was up next he came off the line and over spun his tires and Jimmie stopped him at the 286.46 mark with a track speed of 21.6 mph. wow 25 ft. different. I knew I had my work cut out for me but we'll see where Craig ends up.
OK Craig gets hooked up and Cold Ethyl came off the line a little lazy and when he gave her a mit full he blew the tires off her and never hooked to the track Jimmie stopped him at the 292.55 mark with a track speed of 21.6 mph. ok I got my work really cut out for me tonight Craig's 20 feet behind Mike.
So I now have to get ShaZam to the scale and get in line as Bruce Wagner gets ready to pull. As I pull off the scale I here Bruce come off the line and Bad to the Bone worked about 5 feet before I heard his motor go into over rev mode and he also blew the tires off and they never hooked to the track. I heard the announcer say he was in 2nd place at 298.26 feet and a track speed of 23.4 mph.
OK Next up was Sheila Vanne with Junk yard Dog Sheila had missed the last two pulls due to there Grunt truck blew the tranny out of it going to door county, But Bruce fixed John up and rebuilt it for them.
Anyway Sheila did a 7000 dump off the line with an 2" of slack in the chain. Junk Yard Dog had a Herky Jerky off the line but soon was buzzing the tires down the track. Jimmie Stopped her at the 286.86 mark with a track speed of 20.10 mph.

OK so It's ShaZam's turn Now going thru my head Mikey slow but pulled it 312, Craig to fast Never caught up to the track, Bruce Blew the tires off sitting in 2nd place.

So I get hooked up and pull the chain tight I know in my mind what I want to do, now I just have to do it. I bring the R's up to 5000 and we start to move by the 50 mark the R's come up to 7000 to fast so I let out of the throttle some and bring the R's back down till I feel the tires get a holed of the track 4500 then ease back into trying to keep them hooked to the track 5500, 6000, 7000, 7500, 7800, back down to 6800 then up to 7800 again, As I seen the last Texas weight come into view I knew to get past Mikey I had to be past the middle of the block. As the last stage hit me and I slid to a stop I just missed it buy a few feet. Oh well I'm sitting at the 304.39 mark and I had a track speed of 24.0 mph Fastest of the class so we stayed hooked to the track. ShaZam finished 2nd for the night and 3rd in Points for the season.

So only one more pull left at Equity next Saturday with the WUMPA Club, then pulling season will be over once again. I feel my Blue Funk mood coming on but hope it's short lived. There lots of work I want to do to ShaZam over the winter. See ya next weekend at Equity Park.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Lena Dairy Fest Empty Re: Lena Dairy Fest

Post  IDT-572 September 9th 2012, 8:51 pm

Sometimes the driver is what it is all about................. Cool Good job Dan Wink I enjoyed the read as usual. Thanks!
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 September 10th 2012, 10:13 pm

Sounds like you had a full day.
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed September 11th 2012, 8:52 pm

I enjoy reading it too Dan, being that I pull too it's like I'am right there with ya! Thanks for the stories-A
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down