BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black race cars keeping them clean

+7
maverick
bbf-falcon
cool40
stangr8cr
richter69
ThndrChkn
5pointslow
11 posters

Go down

Black race cars keeping them clean  Empty Black race cars keeping them clean

Post  5pointslow September 12th 2012, 9:20 am

well gonna be painting the car next month ....

I love the look of a clean black paint job Basketball , but the maint of keeping it clean and looking good has me going towards a different color like a orange or a red ..

The post is basicly asking whats your first hand exp with black paint jobs on race cars ....does it look great than make a pass and then does it look like ass ?

Thanks

I prob win the most stupid topic of the year lol !!! king
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Black race cars keeping them clean  Empty Re: Black race cars keeping them clean

Post  ThndrChkn September 12th 2012, 9:29 am

It would depend on what the area around the tracks you go to is like. The tracks I go to / have gone to are all gravel pits, and they truly SUCK for any color of car. Not to mention your wheel tubs... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Until they remedy this particular situation, I'll not be taking my truck back there any time soon... Which means I'll have to drive more than 3 times as far to race anywhere. But at least my truck won't look like it was used for BB gun practice...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Black race cars keeping them clean  Empty Re: Black race cars keeping them clean

Post  richter69 September 12th 2012, 9:36 am

flat black.............touch up scratches with a sharpie................mines looks like crap anyway...........it gets dinged up and stuff I'd never have a high dollar paint job on a race car but thats me lol.

I just use a duster on mine, only time it sees daylight is at the track.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr September 12th 2012, 10:38 am

LOTS of damn wax, and I mean LOTS!!!! Of course we don't mind putting in quality time cleaning her up but it is a job in itself. Nothing like a spotless car at the track. She's only spotless when she leaves the trailer, then it's downhill from there. Sad

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 12th 2012, 1:58 pm

its not too bad if you keep wax on it.a duster after its out of the trailer and its good to go. on the plus side,the rubber dont show as bad,lol.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 12th 2012, 3:23 pm

A good car cover and a duster is a must for a black race/show car. Hotter than hell in the staging lanes,but they look good. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 12th 2012, 4:16 pm

I raced a black car for years...in FLORIDA. Get suited up, helmet on, buckled in...in the Florida sun, and then have to wait in the lanes FOR ANY REASON annd you'll feel the sweat soaking your ass all the way down to your shoes. Nothin' worse than being in a black car with windows that don't go down. Don't forget, you'll probably have to work on that scalding sumbitch in the sunshine from time to time, too, so... No

I like the look of a black car like everyone else, but when the paint goes on my new ride, it'll be Cool WHITE.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Black race cars keeping them clean  Empty Black paint

Post  blown473 September 12th 2012, 8:31 pm

My 55 F100 is black, and the best stuff I've found hands down to keep it clean is Lucas Oil's "Slick Mist" detailer. Works awesome, and I've tried many, many brands. Stuff is only $9. too, and goes really far. Just use a micro fiber cloth & that & you'll be good.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 12th 2012, 9:15 pm

Thats what I use also,I bought some (somewhere )last fall.$5.00 bottle. best i've used so far. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn September 13th 2012, 4:37 am

Mine is satin black and I do the same as Fabio, it only sees daylight at the track. I did put a product on it that Auto Geek recommended, but I don't remember the name. It works pretty good, occasional dusting and a wash every now and then. When the sun comes up I'll go out to the shop and see what the name of it is. When we're at the track, the doors stay open most of the time to keep the interior cooler, and same thing when Mikey is sitting in the staging lanes.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow September 13th 2012, 6:07 am

thanks guys for info and tips .

Its just hard to beat the look of a nice black car !!
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB September 13th 2012, 11:06 am

Mine shows hand prints,sweat prints,finger prints and the ol ladies ass prints on the hood. Not to mention hot as hell at the track. Love the color but never again unless it's a show car.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 14th 2012, 10:12 am

blown473 wrote:My 55 F100 is black, and the best stuff I've found hands down to keep it clean is Lucas Oil's "Slick Mist" detailer. Works awesome, and I've tried many, many brands. Stuff is only $9. too, and goes really far. Just use a micro fiber cloth & that & you'll be good.

^^^^^ THIS IS A BAD AZZ PIECE ....... why dont you post some pics so we can drool Twisted Evil

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down