BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Body guys I'm in need of a wheelbase measurement...

+2
bruno
jbozzelle
6 posters

Go down

Fox Body guys I'm in need of a wheelbase measurement... Empty Fox Body guys I'm in need of a wheelbase measurement...

Post  jbozzelle September 22nd 2012, 12:16 pm

I need a measurement from the back of the door opening to the rear axle centerline. Basically open the door, pop a tape along the body molding and pull a measurement...

When I got my car the 4 link was adjusted so far out that rear was pushed way back. The rod ends are not screwed in very far. I don't know where the original center is because both the front and rear wheel openings are trimmed for the 32x14 tires. Now that I'm putting it back together I'd like to put the rear housing where it needs to be and trim whichever side of the wheel opening needs it.

It just looked "off" from the day I got it with the housing so far back...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Fox Body guys I'm in need of a wheelbase measurement... Empty Re: Fox Body guys I'm in need of a wheelbase measurement...

Post  bruno September 22nd 2012, 12:58 pm

can get you that measurement when i get home tonight

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Fox Body guys I'm in need of a wheelbase measurement... Empty Re: Fox Body guys I'm in need of a wheelbase measurement...

Post  LivermoreDave September 22nd 2012, 8:19 pm

If the wheel openings are in the same area (side to side) why not center the axle with wheel and tire mounted, in the center of the opening. THEN make your adjustments to square and center your axle.

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 22nd 2012, 9:46 pm

Because it looks "off". Looks obviously pushed back where it doesn't need to be.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 1st 2013, 1:43 pm

Guys,

I still need a measurement if any of you can help me out.

Doug Rahn - Do you happen to have this in one of your CAD files?

Thanks!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon January 1st 2013, 2:01 pm

I'm not near my car right now but, from the center of the front spindle to the center of the rear axle is exactly 100" on mine. Hope this helps.
Jeff
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 1st 2013, 2:14 pm

Thanks.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 1st 2013, 2:24 pm

John,

I texted grandpa.. he should be along after awhile...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn January 1st 2013, 3:09 pm

Jon, measuring from the door opening just above the body side molding to a level I held plumb and as close to the center of the rear axle as I could get it, mine is approximately 24-3/4". Keep in mind that mine is probably a little further back that a stock one because of the 29.5 slicks.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 1st 2013, 8:56 pm

Thanks Doug !

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum