BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

setting an engine and tranny up with mid plates best way ??

2 posters

Go down

setting an engine and tranny up with mid plates best way ?? Empty setting an engine and tranny up with mid plates best way ??

Post  5pointslow September 25th 2012, 9:07 am

we do a lot of our own fabricating ect on the car , just its time to do a fit and mock up ? set mid anbd motor plates up in car ,

im assuming Need the car at ride height , steering in place headers ect ..... just im a little intiminated on doing this but have all the tools ect to do it , so why pay someone else is what im thinking.

Any pointers would be helpful , im sorry if this has been posted a million times already i did not search for it
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

setting an engine and tranny up with mid plates best way ?? Empty Re: setting an engine and tranny up with mid plates best way ??

Post  jbozzelle September 25th 2012, 1:38 pm

I had the oppurtunity to mock mine up (except headers) with typical engine mounts. I used that time to set the ride height front and rear. I also used that to fab up a "shelf" for the motor plate to sit on. Once it was on the shelf I removed the mounts and kmember brackets, installed the headers and raised or lowered the motor plate and/or tailshaft as neccessary to get the driveline in line with the pinion.

I drew it all up on the floor to verify what direction I need to go. Actually fairly simple once I got started.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down