BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's it worth

+8
bbf-falcon
56Tbird
maverick
res0rli9
jbozzelle
bruno
jasonf
dr's wife racing
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's it worth - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it worth

Post  Doug Rahn September 29th 2012, 4:04 am

jasonf wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:LOL, I was just bidding on one that was on Ebay, but I quit at $1000. It was a '67 with the corner glass. I was wanting to build it to tow the race car back and forth to the track. Cut the entire floor out, and the bed side walls off, then build a nice heavy duty chassis with tandem axles in the back, and a diamond plate deck. I found a guy in FL. that make Ford 9" tandem drive axles. When all is said and done it would look kinda like an old cab over Mac my brother use to drive back in the 70's.

Do you mean like this?

What's it worth - Page 2 1964-Ford-Econoline-Custom-Pick-up

The wood is nice, but to much to upkeep. This is the one I seen.

What's it worth - Page 2 2
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 29th 2012, 4:16 am

Thats Freakin bad ass !!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 29th 2012, 6:03 am

jasonf wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:LOL, I was just bidding on one that was on Ebay, but I quit at $1000. It was a '67 with the corner glass. I was wanting to build it to tow the race car back and forth to the track. Cut the entire floor out, and the bed side walls off, then build a nice heavy duty chassis with tandem axles in the back, and a diamond plate deck. I found a guy in FL. that make Ford 9" tandem drive axles. When all is said and done it would look kinda like an old cab over Mac my brother use to drive back in the 70's.

Do you mean like this?

What's it worth - Page 2 1964-Ford-Econoline-Custom-Pick-up

Jason that looks Good But it needs to get rid of those white fish wagon wheels, they look Like Shyt on anything but a trailer....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 29th 2012, 9:27 am

Yes they are cool, but I don't think they have the weight to pull a inclosed trailer with a car in it. scratch safely at speed.

just to show you what these things can go for. it says its a 61 but 61-64 had the heater box's on the floor and the 65-67s had them under the dash like this one and the 240s only came in 65-67 so the is miss print or????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961-Ford-Econoline-Truck-NEW-Full-Paint-job-Runs-drives-70-full-restore-/120992081247?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c2bb0a55f

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 29th 2012, 11:15 am

That has to be the same truck with different wheels and after he was tired of waxing the deck he replaced it with diamond plate. lol
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn September 29th 2012, 12:08 pm

I was thinking the same thing Jason.

The way it is built it would be to light for an enclosed trailer, only the front rear axle is a drive axle. My plans would be to build a complete heavy duty chassis from 2x6x3/16 rectangular tubing, both rear axles drive (9" Ford), steel diamond plate for skirting around longer flat bed with aluminum diamond on top, some tool/storage boxes on the deck, bigger fuel tanks, Ford V10 gas engine. And more importantly a complete roll cage in the cab for some added protection on the highway.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 29th 2012, 12:14 pm

a rollcage in a vehicle driven on the street is a bad idea imo........ unless you wear a helmet.

you get in a wreck the cage will bash your head in........something to think about.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn September 29th 2012, 12:23 pm

richter69 wrote:a rollcage in a vehicle driven on the street is a bad idea imo........ unless you wear a helmet.

you get in a wreck the cage will bash your head in........something to think about.

Not the way I would build it, really tight to the panels. When I wrecked the '67 van I had, I was really lucky to survive it the way the cab crushed in.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 29th 2012, 12:49 pm

im also speaking in general, most streetcars w cages are more dangerous than one without a cage for the reasons I mentioned.

2nd off Id stick with a ford superduty for a tow rig lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2