BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nitrous and blow by?

+3
ThndrChkn
Northwest outlaw
onebad5.0
7 posters

Go down

Nitrous and blow by? Empty Nitrous and blow by?

Post  onebad5.0 October 5th 2009, 5:58 pm

I have an 87 mustang hatch that weighs 3400lbs with me in it. It is a 466ci big block 850 double pumper with a c-6 with stock crank and rods with speed pro forged light weight aluminum pistons and dove-c heads with the good stuff in them and a .600" lift solid comp cam. I have ran this car for three years all motor and it runs 11.3's consistantly with a best of 11.1. I just put the bottle on the car and took it out and ran a 200hp nx kit on it and it went 10.45@130 and close to that the next three passes. The second time i took the car out after I had put the bottle on it I made one pass and all went well, but the second burnout I did they called me off and said during my burnout it's pumping oil or something out some where. So I brought it home and pulled the motor and tranny and I can not find any bad leaks anywhere. There are a few residue spots here and there but looks very clean and all good. So I've been trying to research and find anything and the only thing that I have come up with is that maybe now I need to run a vacuum pump for some reason. Does this sound like what my problem is, or anyone have any other ideas? Thanks for the help. Anthony.
onebad5.0
onebad5.0

Back to top Go down

Nitrous and blow by? Empty Re: Nitrous and blow by?

Post  Northwest outlaw October 5th 2009, 6:20 pm

are you running a beather or anything to vent the crank case?
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 5th 2009, 6:55 pm

Northwest outlaw wrote:are you running a beather or anything to vent the crank case?

X2... You should be running a crankcase evac system so you can keep the crankcase pressure down in the engine... If you don't, you could wind up with some other issues... Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  onebad5.0 October 5th 2009, 8:06 pm

I have a breather on one side and a pcv valve running to the back of the carb on the other. I did notice though when I pulled my breather off the nipple going in the valve cover was bottomed out on the baffle, so that might of been part of my problem.
onebad5.0
onebad5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 5th 2009, 9:27 pm

so you sprayed a 200 shot and only gained 6 tenths ???? sounds off .... can we get some details of the build and what jet did you use/ fuel flow etc...... --what did the plugs look like at the end of the pass ??

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 5th 2009, 9:42 pm

Put a good vac pump on it....or run two good vc breathers.

What I see the big guys do is run a large hose from each vc to a puke can with one of the open element type breathers on it, one tank per vc.

If you hole a piston you'll be glad the tanks are on there, IMO the only way I would run a spray motor.

If you do a pump be sure it has capability to bypass, in case again you hole a piston you dont have an ass load of pressure that cant get around the pump fast enough.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrodmerc October 5th 2009, 10:16 pm

I agree with Bruno. You should have gone way faster with a 200 shot. What timing are you running with and without nitrous? Plugs and gap,Fuel psi.
hotrodmerc
hotrodmerc

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman October 6th 2009, 9:53 am

Same. a full sec here on a mild 150 hp tuneup.

???
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  onebad5.0 October 6th 2009, 12:04 pm

It picked up a second which I thought it would do more also. At the track I run most (thunder valley) that night it ran 11.40's on the motor and 10.45 on the spray. I'm running autolight racing AR 32's I beleive is the number gapped at .035. after the first two passes plugs looked just like new with a dust of carbon on them, so is that good or bad? I normaly ran the timing at 38* total and then with the 200 jets I ran 28* then 30* and it went about a tenth slower so I went back to 30* total. Holley hp 150 fuel pump with 9.5psi to the carb. and a holley blue from the tank to the nitrous fuel solenoid at 5 psi. I put 250 jets in it and took it to tulsa raceway the next weekend and called nx and they said use their 10psi-250 jet chart. So that first pass I couldn't get my shifter to lock in right and so when I launched it went from first to third when I shifted it and I just left it in third and it ran 10.65 pretty much the whole pass in third gear. Then the next attempt at a pass when I did my burnout is when they said I was spraying oil or something out on the track. I couldn't find anything other than some oil residue around where the dipstick tube goes in and a tiny bit of residue around one corner of the oil pan gasket. No tranny leaks at all either.
onebad5.0
onebad5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down