BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes

2 posters

Go down

Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes  Empty Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes

Post  manofmerc October 16th 2012, 6:40 am

I have a set of leaf springs off my 67 comet .When I went with cal tracs and their split mono leaf these are the takeoffs .Landrum spring in atl. ga. built these fro me they have an additional half leaf that goes to the front spring eye .This is to prevent spring wrap up. Drag use only they were on my car 5 years worked good with my lakewood traction bars .Good for a street or strip car $ 300.Lakewood traction bars from the same car I welded an extension so the rubber snubber hits right under the spring eye $50 . These are good parts my car hooked up with this setup with a 10" convertor .Located in middle Ga. Prices dont include shipping .Doug Bray 678 603 8400 . Laughing

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes  Empty Re: Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes

Post  mustang68mustangs1 October 17th 2012, 4:29 am

Got any pics of the bars? Mustang68stang@hotmail.com

mustang68mustangs1

Back to top Go down

Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes  Empty t bar pics

Post  manofmerc October 17th 2012, 6:24 am

No I dont but they dont look bad .What I did to extend them was this .I had a coworker in the metal shop at my old job bend some pieces the same dimentions as the square tubing on the t bars . I fitted them on and welded them .They never gave me any trouble for the 5- 6 years I used them .If you are uncertain of the workmanship I have been welding for over 30 years .If you really want pics send me an email and maybe in a couple days my wife can send you a picture or two .Thanks Doug Email address doug.bray@att.net

Last edited by manofmerc on October 17th 2012, 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot email address)

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes  Empty Re: Leaf springs and traction bars for mid 60s comets and fairlanes

Post  mustang68mustangs1 October 17th 2012, 5:57 pm

I was actually wondering if they would work on my 68 mustang.

mustang68mustangs1

Back to top Go down

Post  manofmerc October 18th 2012, 8:11 am

68 mustang sale is pending .Most ford products with leaf springs use the same t bar .If this other guy doesnt buy them I will let you know something .Thanks for the interest .Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mustang68mustangs1 October 18th 2012, 3:29 pm

Ok put me next in line.
Bob . Mustang68stang@hotmail.com

mustang68mustangs1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down