BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

+2
schmitty
Alvin
6 posters

Go down

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port Empty Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

Post  Alvin November 16th 2012, 9:08 pm

Which is the best flowing standard height Big block Ford exhaust port?

Alvin

Back to top Go down

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port Empty Re: Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

Post  schmitty November 16th 2012, 9:19 pm

Why are you worrying about the exhaust flow? Suspect
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port Empty Re: Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

Post  rmcomprandy November 16th 2012, 9:25 pm

Alvin wrote:Which is the best flowing standard height Big block Ford exhaust port?

At OEM height ... Probably the P-51 head.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin November 16th 2012, 9:44 pm

Not worried, just curious. I just finished a Blue Thunder standard Ford port, and wondered what to expect.

Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 18th 2012, 12:29 am

BT is a good head
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 18th 2012, 12:59 am

will the BT "BBC" out flow the BBF?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 18th 2012, 1:10 am

I have 1 of each here, bbc bolt pattern,and a bbf one, we flowd the bbc a few weeks ago,and when I get time we will do the bbf port in a few weeks
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 18th 2012, 1:47 am

Alvin wrote:Not worried, just curious. I just finished a Blue Thunder standard Ford port, and wondered what to expect.

If you did a real good job, expect 250 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe.

Lee,

The Blue Thunder BBC bolt pattern exhaust will outflow the Ford bolt pattern exhaust by about 30 cfm. A good BT with the BBC pattern will flow 280 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe,,,,and a good BT with the Ford bolt pattern will flow around 250 cfm. Remember now, that BT has a total of three different exhaust ports available with their CJ heads. 1. Ford standard location, 2. Ford 5/8" raised port, and 3. BBC bolt pattern raised port.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 18th 2012, 2:10 am

c.evans wrote:
Alvin wrote:Not worried, just curious. I just finished a Blue Thunder standard Ford port, and wondered what to expect.

If you did a real good job, expect 250 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe.

Lee,

The Blue Thunder BBC bolt pattern exhaust will outflow the Ford bolt pattern exhaust by about 30 cfm. A good BT with the BBC pattern will flow 280 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe,,,,and a good BT with the Ford bolt pattern will flow around 250 cfm. Remember now, that BT has a total of three different exhaust ports available with their CJ heads. 1. Ford standard location, 2. Ford 5/8" raised port, and 3. BBC bolt pattern raised port.

Charlie Evans
thanks Charlie Very Happy i have a truck puller friend looking for more ex flow with a stock type head so this may work for him.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down