BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide)

+3
BigDave65
richter69
powerstrokeace
7 posters

Go down

What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide) Empty What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide)

Post  powerstrokeace November 27th 2012, 10:22 pm

guys i'm just taking a little survey on Pro Tree trans brakes BRANDS for the powerglide and why you chosse that one. No bashing just for my own choice.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide) Empty Re: What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide)

Post  richter69 November 27th 2012, 10:35 pm

BTE pro brake.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide) Empty Re: What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide)

Post  powerstrokeace November 27th 2012, 10:58 pm

richter69 wrote:BTE pro brake.

Why? Just wondering what you thoughts are.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 November 27th 2012, 11:47 pm

My trans guy has been building his own brakes for years. I believe them to be as quick and consistent as any you can buy. Back to back tests had his brake an easy .05 quicker in R/T than the standard non/pro brake I had. Cooks Racing Automatics in Cowpens,SC
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 27th 2012, 11:59 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:
richter69 wrote:BTE pro brake.

Why? Just wondering what you thoughts are.

Ace

because thats what Steve put in it lol. Its worked flawless for the 4 seasons its been in the car. .00X lights when Im on my game.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 28th 2012, 12:04 am

Got 2 JW's, a Coan and a BTE..... Haven't used the latter two yet.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt November 28th 2012, 12:40 am

You're not going to find much difference in trans-brakes. All of the tricks learned in the last decade are common knowledge, and no one wants to build a slow reacting brake.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

What Trans Brake DO YOu Use? (Powerglide) Empty TCI

Post  STHAZLET November 30th 2012, 3:36 pm

Used tci pro brake for 15 years no problems.I do like the two wire solenoids.
STHAZLET
STHAZLET

http://WWW.WEBERHAZLET.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace December 1st 2012, 11:02 pm

Ok this is what I was hoping for. Someone with any experience with HUGHES Pro Tree stuff. As you may all know we purchased a car (Dragster) 2 years ago and have pretty much no luck with this car in cutting lights. After messing around with converters, Delay box,Trans buttons, Shocks, scaling the car and even new Slicks this thing has not come around on the reaction times. But we made some grounds on the performance of the car from every other aspect. Well it's time to tear in to the trans to have the cases re-cert done and we found 2 things that may be the problem ( tore down my other trans from our older car as well to compare)
1) Reverse piston springs are stock. Not the Yellow ones with more pressure to release faster that comes in every brake!
2) the solenoid plunger sticks! Thanks to Sheldon Gecker for that one. He said to remove the set screw and back cover and remove the hammer and pull the plunger out and remove the o-ring closest to the transmission. There's 2 of them on the dam thing.

Well i hope this could be it as I was thinking of installing my TCI brake when thing thing go's back together.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 2nd 2012, 12:27 pm

if you push the plunger in on mine without it running it sticks also, its a fluid release brake it needs to be running for the fluid pressure to push the plunger back out.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace December 2nd 2012, 3:37 pm

richter69 wrote:if you push the plunger in on mine without it running it sticks also, its a fluid release brake it needs to be running for the fluid pressure to push the plunger back out.

Jon
I know the plunger in the trans valve body is fluid pressure fed to push it back when the trans brake is released but the plunger on the Solenoid itself it what I'm talking about.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 2nd 2012, 4:04 pm

exactly, you push the plunger in on the solenoid it will not return if the engine is not running.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 2nd 2012, 4:21 pm

richter69 wrote:exactly, you push the plunger in on the solenoid it will not return if the engine is not running.

most we see are like that when cars come to us. they work fine.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace December 3rd 2012, 8:48 pm

richter69 wrote:exactly, you push the plunger in on the solenoid it will not return if the engine is not running.

Jon i understand what your saying but look at it this way. I know the fluid pressure from the valve body will force the valve backwards toward the plunger pushing it in but the plunger it self sticks. Look at tit this way. My finger is the valve and I'm releasing the trans brake and the valve (my finger) is trying to push the plunger back.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace January 1st 2013, 12:28 am

The decision has been made TCI will go in the car and the HUGHES will sit on the bench. I will star building these this week and this week end and put things back in the car.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down