BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

never fired engine w/Broken piston skirts

3 posters

Go down

never fired engine w/Broken piston skirts Empty never fired engine w/Broken piston skirts

Post  STR-LGL-70 December 9th 2012, 5:04 pm

Not big block related but putting an engine (351-C) together for one of my sons that was assembled by someone else. Took it apart for inspection and found at least 4 pistons with cracked shirts Evil or Very Mad . Also had the pistons/rods assembled in GM firing order.The engine was never fired; forged TRW L-2379 flat tops. Could this have been done when the pistons were pressed on?
My son bought this engine over a year ago & it's been sitting in the garage so we have no recourse; just looking for answers I guess.
Anyone have any Cleveland stuff laying around?
Thanks, Sheldon
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

never fired engine w/Broken piston skirts Empty Re: never fired engine w/Broken piston skirts

Post  bbf-falcon December 9th 2012, 6:29 pm

W0W,thats a bummer for sure Shocked It's hard to tell what was done knowing it was put together by someone with that lack of engine knowledge. I would call that person up and ask some ????????????/s. Inspecting it was a good idea,so perks to you and good luck.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

never fired engine w/Broken piston skirts Empty Re: never fired engine w/Broken piston skirts

Post  DanH December 10th 2012, 12:08 am

STR-LGL-70 wrote:Not big block related but putting an engine (351-C) together for one of my sons that was assembled by someone else. Took it apart for inspection and found at least 4 pistons with cracked shirts Evil or Very Mad . Also had the pistons/rods assembled in GM firing order.The engine was never fired; forged TRW L-2379 flat tops. Could this have been done when the pistons were pressed on?
My son bought this engine over a year ago & it's been sitting in the garage so we have no recourse; just looking for answers I guess.
Anyone have any Cleveland stuff laying around?
Thanks, Sheldon

I have a new set of TRW/SpeedPro ..030" over forged flat tops with rings .
plus other C parts

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down