BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freshened a pulling C6 from my ProStreet....problem!

5 posters

Go down

Freshened a pulling C6 from my ProStreet....problem! Empty Freshened a pulling C6 from my ProStreet....problem!

Post  Bret Powell December 30th 2012, 7:38 pm

Here's the deal, I had a C6 in my puller I used a few years ago without issue. Pulled it for three years I think, removed it and installed a stick. Stored the transmission until now. I was wanting to reuse it for our Street Stock transmission for my youngest this coming season. So I purchased a clutch and seal kit for a refresh. Disassembled it, it was all good except the two sealing rings in the front of the Forward Clutch Drum had worn much thinner and had widened the grooves out severely. Also made a slight wear pattern on the stator(?) inside they seat on. I replaced the worn parts with nice replacements. Any ideas on what might have caused this. The transmission worked good until I removed it in '07 but, had to be loosing a lot of pressure here. Is this a common problem?

Thanks, Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Freshened a pulling C6 from my ProStreet....problem! Empty Re: Freshened a pulling C6 from my ProStreet....problem!

Post  richter69 December 30th 2012, 8:09 pm

use teflon rings problem solved.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Freshened a pulling C6 from my ProStreet....problem! Empty Re: Freshened a pulling C6 from my ProStreet....problem!

Post  Gregaust December 31st 2012, 5:55 am

Yes what valvebody setup are you using? Full line pressure or modulated pressure ? If running full line pressure quite normal for ring wear , as mentioned teflons are the go in that situation

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 31st 2012, 8:41 am

Since there is no vacuum hooked to the modulator, is it safe to assume I'm running full line pressure? I think I used a TransGo shift kit when I built this... it's been a while since I built it.

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl December 31st 2012, 2:22 pm

put teflons in there
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 January 2nd 2013, 8:03 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum