BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rip off----and why I like this site

+6
Mustang-junky
richter69
the Coug
psfracer
bbf-falcon
David Cole
10 posters

Go down

Rip off----and why I like this site Empty Rip off----and why I like this site

Post  David Cole January 8th 2013, 12:18 pm

Myself and a few others still visit the "old" bbf site on occasion......I do it just to occasionally help the newbies and others that don't know about this site. Lot of bad info over there.

On this site most of the guys are knowledgeable. Some can be assholes from time time Laughing But....it least they will tell you you truth or what they "think" to be the truth. Not so over there.

Found an ad.....guy is trying to sell a bbf belt drive.....Says he bought it from another member over there......Original seller told him it was a Jesel......appears to be a Pro Comp. Feel for the current owner who got ripped off.

Anyone care to back up my opinion:
http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1044549#post1044549
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Rip off----and why I like this site Empty Re: Rip off----and why I like this site

Post  bbf-falcon January 8th 2013, 2:12 pm

Thx for the heads up David

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Rip off----and why I like this site Empty Re: Rip off----and why I like this site

Post  psfracer January 8th 2013, 2:14 pm

Based on the pictures alone, I think its obvious you are correct.
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 8th 2013, 6:10 pm

David if the owner didn't know the difference between the bunch and payed high dollar for POS he is to blame....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 8th 2013, 6:18 pm

damn its too bad your ass is banned there Coug..................... Razz Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky January 8th 2013, 8:52 pm

People get ripped off here too. It happened to me. I was told by a mod to take my problem with the fraudulent seller else were.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 8th 2013, 9:13 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:People get ripped off here too. It happened to me. I was told by a mod to take my problem with the fraudulent seller else were.

Jess

It is one thing to alert members to a possible problem with a seller.
It's another thing to try and hash out said problems on the board for the whole world to see..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R January 8th 2013, 9:40 pm

Maybe the whole world needs to see?

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 8th 2013, 9:46 pm

Mike R wrote:Maybe the whole world needs to see?

Not the 2nd and 3rd times...

Putting the word out is ok... rehashing the WHOLE issue is another..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky January 8th 2013, 9:52 pm

[/quote]

It's another thing to try and hash out said problems on the board for the whole world to see..[/quote]

And what better way is there to warn others than to spread the word about a problem seller?

It was not like I would ever get a penny from this person. My only intent was to keep this person from ripping other people off here.

Without some sort of feed back section there is no way warn others of a fraudulent seller other than to let people know when this person tries to sell more stuff.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 8th 2013, 10:37 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:

It's another thing to try and hash out said problems on the board for the whole world to see..[/quote]

And what better way is there to warn others than to spread the word about a problem seller?

It was not like I would ever get a penny from this person. My only intent was to keep this person from ripping other people off here.

Without some sort of feed back section there is no way warn others of a fraudulent seller other than to let people know when this person tries to sell more stuff.

Jess[/quote]

Spread the word..yes...
Rehash The whole arguement each time...no
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH January 9th 2013, 12:41 am

the Coug wrote:David if the owner didn't know the difference between the bunch and payed high dollar for POS he is to blame....

the buyer at fault , I can't see why he'd be the blame .

every buyer and member knew everything , would'nt need a tech forum . ebay/rj is where every one would be to buy

I seen a Md engine builder past off a ProComp belt drive as a Jesel on the Cleveland site

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 9th 2013, 12:53 am

DanH wrote:
the Coug wrote:David if the owner didn't know the difference between the bunch and payed high dollar for POS he is to blame....

the buyer at fault , I can't see why he'd be the blame .

every buyer and member knew everything , would'nt need a tech forum . ebay/rj is where every one would be to buy

I seen a Md engine builder past off a ProComp belt drive as a Jesel on the Cleveland site

Actually ... the Pro Comp belt drive is a copy of the one available from Australian Muscle Parts and they look identical; the bearings and fitment are not the same though.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down