BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post  93CobraCrazy October 11th 2009, 3:06 pm

I have a 1993 Cobra that has went through several phases of life since I bought it in October 2006. I was going to make a show car out it, but after pulling the engine and cleaning it up and painting the engine bay, it caught on fire and burned most of the interior out. So, I pushed it to corner of the garage and covered it up for almost two years. Upon getting it rewired and running again, I thought it would be a good time to make a little drag racer out of it. I was going to run the stock 302 for a while and decide exactly how far I wanted to go with the car. So naturally, after putting an entire new suspension under the car and getting a new set of wheels and tires for drag racing and doing a host of other mods, I blew the motor the first time I took it out for a little test session. Now, I had the opportunity to buy a 460 and a new automatic transmission this week, so I did so.

Now, I have to figure out how to stuff this massive engine into the Cobra. First of all, I am going to totally rework the engine and get it set up for racing applications and get a good racing transmission hooked up to it. I have not read any of the threads yet, but if anyone has stuffed a big block into a Fox body and has any good suggestions or warnings, I would love to hear them

Thanks in advance and I will be reading visiting the site regularly for ideas and help. Very Happy

93CobraCrazy

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post  5pointslow October 11th 2009, 3:32 pm

welcome
i also just joined

building a 92 mustang notch back big block car and gonna be racing it also

u want to use motor plates
and get a tubular k member to get best clearance in there
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 11th 2009, 10:36 pm

Boy have you come to the right place for that task... You'll get all the info you need from the guys here... There are quite a few from your neck of the woods as well that have Fox bodies that are stuffed to the gills with BBF power...

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 October 12th 2009, 12:07 am

Not trying to take away any of Nick's business, but search (or even browse) www.460ford.com if you haven't already. The heavy hitters are all here (429-460.com), and the way-back archives are over there.

With a little digging you'll find all you need, guaranteed Very Happy
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  93CobraCrazy October 13th 2009, 4:51 pm

Thanks for all the information. This will give me plenty of reading/research to build this thing up over the winter. BTW, I just installed the UPR tubular K-member and A-arms right before the motor let go, so I should be ready to drop the BB in.

Thanks again.

93CobraCrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down