BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Evans HEader collector Question

+2
c.evans
powerstrokeace
6 posters

Go down

Charlie Evans HEader collector Question Empty Charlie Evans HEader collector Question

Post  powerstrokeace January 22nd 2013, 9:41 pm

Charlie

My Borlas are cracked and I'm looking to remove the muffler completely and install just collectors. What do you think of this merge collector

http://www.racingjunk.com/Collectors/2917815/2-1-4-quot-Stanless-Merge-Collectors.html

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Charlie Evans HEader collector Question Empty Re: Charlie Evans HEader collector Question

Post  c.evans January 22nd 2013, 11:01 pm

Well I own three sets of Tim Murphy's Fab Shop headers. What I have learned thus far with the merge collectors is that the throat size is critical, and unfortunately have made some $500 mistakes in learning that. I noticed that the throat size is 3.25" and that will work. IMO anything any smaller than that, on these big A-460 headed engines will not work. Soooooooooo go for it. Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Charlie Evans HEader collector Question Empty Re: Charlie Evans HEader collector Question

Post  powerstrokeace January 23rd 2013, 12:11 am

thanks Charlie. Your the MAN! Very Happy

Now I'm going to try to beat him up a little and see what happens. I have my welder looking at them Thursday to see if he can remove them (borlas) first.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  k.pascoe January 23rd 2013, 11:13 am

c.evans wrote:Well I own three sets of Tim Murphy's Fab Shop headers. What I have learned thus far with the merge collectors is that the throat size is critical, and unfortunately have made some $500 mistakes in learning that. I noticed that the throat size is 3.25" and that will work. IMO anything any smaller than that, on these big A-460 headed engines will not work. Soooooooooo go for it. Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

Tim Murphy R.I.P. Miss my bubby.

k.pascoe

Back to top Go down

Post  fc2444 January 25th 2013, 11:56 am

Try a set of these they work well racingjunk ad # 2787830

fc2444

http://amr-coatins.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace January 25th 2013, 1:02 pm

fc2444 wrote:Try a set of these they work well racingjunk ad # 2787830

Too much money

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace January 29th 2013, 8:01 pm

this guy was a jackass! I called and talked to him and said I would double check jegs and summit racing. So i called him right back and got his answering machine. I said i just talked to him and wanted to purchase a set and needed to see what kind of payment he would take. Well he never called back. So i called today left another message and he called back like 15 minutes later and stated he was all sold out!
PERFORMANCE WELDING HEADERS...

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH January 29th 2013, 8:36 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:this guy was a jackass! I called and talked to him and said I would double check jegs and summit racing. So i called him right back and got his answering machine. I said i just talked to him and wanted to purchase a set and needed to see what kind of payment he would take. Well he never called back. So i called today left another message and he called back like 15 minutes later and stated he was all sold out!

Ace

???? what did you check at Jeg's and Summit?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace January 29th 2013, 10:52 pm

DanH wrote:
powerstrokeace wrote:this guy was a jackass! I called and talked to him and said I would double check jegs and summit racing. So i called him right back and got his answering machine. I said i just talked to him and wanted to purchase a set and needed to see what kind of payment he would take. Well he never called back. So i called today left another message and he called back like 15 minutes later and stated he was all sold out!

Ace

???? what did you check at Jeg's and Summit?

Click on the link in the first post. these are merge collectors. these have a 3 1/2" throat then go to 4" these make more power and is what a lot of comp and Fast 16 dragsters run. the guy said for what ever reason they had over stock of this size and needed to move them. So it didn't seem to be common till some one heard and bought him out! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  10.0 January 30th 2013, 6:13 am

I've used several sets of Performance Welding Merge collectors, quality product, fit and finish on the inside are second to none. The guy that makes them delivers when he says, and the price is reasonable. You can buy assembly line made China collectors much cheaper. And this guy will make them expressly for your combo, if that's what you are looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down