BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shop storage/orginization

5 posters

Go down

Shop storage/orginization Empty Shop storage/orginization

Post  FORDMUD January 31st 2013, 6:43 pm

I'm almost done with my 36x48 shop. I'm looking for ideas on storage, and things you like and don't like about your shop setup. Pictures always help. It will be used for storing and wrenching on two trucks.
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Shop storage/orginization Empty Re: Shop storage/orginization

Post  richter69 January 31st 2013, 7:45 pm

my deal is a disaster right now, its gonna get a good douche here real soon..... i have no ideas, i need more room....... andi have come to terms im a parts hoarder.......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird January 31st 2013, 8:20 pm

Best advice I can give you is to build another shop of same size or bigger to store everything in. That way your new one can stay clean.Mine is overflowing and it's 42x50, I think a 40x80 would help get this one cleaned out!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 31st 2013, 9:19 pm

Lots of shelving. Mine is 40x60 and I have a 80' semi trailer beside it. I need more Embarassed My paint booth/engine assembly room is full of Ford engines Need another room for them or get rid of some. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 31st 2013, 9:30 pm

Quit hoarding parts!

I cleaned house when I got divorced and cleaned out my garage. If it didn't belong to either of the two cars I have it got tossed or sold. I sold enough crap to finance a dragster build on the cheap!

In the 20x50 shop I rent now I bought a shelf similar to what Lowe's or Home depot have. It's 12' tall, 4' deep and 8' long and has two shelves. I have stuff stored on both shelves and on the floor underneath it. The lowest shelf is about 5' high so I could park the nose of the car under it if I have to. I have $300 bucks invested in it. Best $300 bucks ever spent. It really helped to clean up the floor space and open the shop up.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down