BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ViKing Shocks?

5 posters

Go down

ViKing Shocks? Empty ViKing Shocks?

Post  HorsinAround February 1st 2013, 3:57 pm

Has anyone heard of them? The latest issue of Car Kraft has an ad for the with DA coil over shocks at $189, but the company website doesn't list any details on shocks.
Just trying to see what is known at this point.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

ViKing Shocks? Empty Re: ViKing Shocks?

Post  schmitty February 1st 2013, 4:26 pm

That is a great price if the product is good. I am helping a buddy with a Ford Coupe project right now, and we're trying to figure out the suspension and rear end out right now.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

ViKing Shocks? Empty Got this from one of the owners

Post  HorsinAround February 1st 2013, 5:17 pm

Hi, Alan. Thank you for your interest in Viking Performance, Inc. shocks, springs, rod ends and spherical bearings. Here is a link to our online catalog: http://magazinevolume.com/12765BF/ . I have also attached pricing for your review. Viking was founded on the tenant of providing high quality products at value conscious prices.

All Viking shocks are double adjustable, with independent compression and rebound adjustment, and are available at most other companies’ single adjustable shock pricing. The pricing Viking is offering is unheard of for double adjustable shocks. In addition, we offer very high quality, high travel springs that are also very aggressively priced. I have summarized a few benefits of our products as follows:

Shocks
- Viking double adjustable shocks have significant tuning options. There are 19 positions of independent adjustment each for compression and rebound, resulting in 361 valving combinations. The overall adjustment range is large and the adjustments are evenly spaced from click to click. The adjustment knobs are labeled with a “C” for compression and an “R” for rebound.

- Viking utilizes left-handed threads between the body and the base of the shock. The harder you crank on the shock for ride height adjustment, the tighter the body and head get to each other. Many of our competitors have threads that were designed opposite (right-handed threads) so as more pressure is exerted when adjusting ride height, the forces are trying to loosen the shock body from the base. Some competitors’ shocks have come apart in the marketplace.

- Viking provides the largest ride height adjustment range in the industry, based on the longer threads on the body and the higher travel coil springs.

- The piston and gland are precision machined from aluminum.

- The 5/8” piston rod is hard chrome plated and centerless ground.

- The shocks utilize an advanced three-step sealing system to eliminate leaking.

- Available in most popular custom mount or stock mount styles.

- In bearing mount shocks, Viking uses steel bearing races, not the less expensive nylon race bearings.

- Shocks are lightweight aluminum with a sleek clear anodized finish.

- All Viking shocks can be rebuilt or revalved by Viking or a qualified rebuilder.

- Each shock is hand-built in our Lakeville, Minnesota facility.

- Each shock is dyno tested and serialized.

- Viking provides a two year warranty. This is double the warranty of other manufacturers.

- Simply the best value for a shock on the market. Since we focused solely on double adjustable units, we were able to achieve economies of scale to decrease costs, making our double adjustable shocks priced competitively against other manufacturers’ single adjustable shocks. You are getting an exponentially better shock for the money spent.

Springs
- Viking springs are made in the USA and are manufactured from high tensile wire and are high travel, thereby being less likely to coil-bind. Most Viking springs are around 25% lighter than the same rate and height of competitor springs that are imported from China, saving significant weight for an improved ride and performance.

- Viking prices its springs based on actual material used, which results in lower cost for many of the most popular springs.

- Viking offers 4”, 7”, 8”, 9”, 10”, 12” and 14” springs in a wide variety of rates. Lengths and rates are clearly marked on the springs.

- Springs are cold wound, heat treated and shot peened, ground at both ends.

- Sleek powder coat finish as standard; Mustang II springs are chrome plated.

- Lifetime guaranteed to remain within 2% of original free height and rate, whereas other competitors are at 5%.

Rod Ends & Spherical Bearings
- Over 5000 part numbers in stock.

- Materials available include chromoly steel, carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel.

- Balls are all 52100 bearing steel or stainless steel.

- Wide range of sizes and styles available.

Our customer service and delivery are unmatched in the industry. We pride ourselves on having what you need, when you need it.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Christina King
Viking Performance, Inc.
21401 Hemlock Ave.
Lakeville, MN 55044
952-469-4130 / 800-236-6001
Fax: 952-469-4132
Email: cking@vi-king.com
www.vi-king.com
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround February 1st 2013, 5:18 pm

If anyone wants the price list for the shocks and for the rod ends, pm me your email address and I"ll pass it along. Also, from their website, I'd say they should know what they are doing..

"Viking's ownership team includes the former President / CEO and Executive Vice President of QA1 Precision Products, Inc. as well as the former Director of Engineering of Auto Meter, all of whom have been heavily involved with racing and the automotive performance aftermarket throughout their lifetimes."

HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike February 2nd 2013, 11:53 am

This sounds like a company who has it together. Price point and 100% made in USA has my interest!
Nice find Alan!
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 5th 2013, 2:40 am

Makes sense why these kinda look similar to QA1's since one of the Viking guys used to be with QA1.

Wonder how close their "drag" valving profile is to say Koni's, Santhuff's, or Strange's drag profile.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  stang93mustang February 27th 2013, 6:20 pm

I bought a pair, they are on the car and waiting for the racing season to begin for 2013 in the Chitown. My question I'm trying to get answered is, is there anyone out in this world that can tell me they made a difference!?!?!?!

I wanna hear how much 60' times have dropped, and everything else. I have searched high and low and can not find any feed back on them.

Signed.......desperately seeking answers! confused
stang93mustang
stang93mustang

https://www.youtube.com/user/stang93mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround February 27th 2013, 7:05 pm

From what I can find, they are new last year, so you (and I) wont find much about them on the internet. But, the price is so attractive that I plan to try them out when I'm ready to buy in a few months.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  stang93mustang February 27th 2013, 7:11 pm

HorsinAround wrote:From what I can find, they are new last year, so you (and I) wont find much about them on the internet. But, the price is so attractive that I plan to try them out when I'm ready to buy in a few months.

Well the quality in how they look is just awsome. They only weigh 3#'s a piece without the spring.
stang93mustang
stang93mustang

https://www.youtube.com/user/stang93mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down