BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

460 Bolts and carb tune

2 posters

Go down

460 Bolts and carb tune Empty 460 Bolts and carb tune

Post  madman February 3rd 2013, 2:01 pm

Question, im getting rid of my new hedman headers (always leak!!) and putting truck exhaust manifolds back on also new oli pan and intake, would you use the stock fasteners or aftermarket? And if aftermarket which type? AND with the Holley 750 double Pumper carb what size idle and midrange (tow cruise rpm 2000 to 2200 rpm hiway) would you consider?? The Original carb jets are way off you can smell the gas oline just almost running out the exhaust .Thanx Mike

madman

Back to top Go down

460 Bolts and carb tune Empty Re: 460 Bolts and carb tune

Post  schmitty February 3rd 2013, 8:24 pm

Where are they leaking?
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

460 Bolts and carb tune Empty Schmitty

Post  madman February 4th 2013, 7:23 am

Its a original 1984 never been outa truck. had a bad leak would lose 6 litres oil (rear crank seal)then stopped leaking again (cold here now winter time its a year round driver) redoing heads ,back to truck exhaust manifolds. DONT want it to leak!! New rear seal ,fel pro gasket kit, new oil pan rocker cover gaskets and so on .I DONT want leaks. Also engine builder told me that the valve guide seals that come with the fel pro kit(black rubber type ) arent very good? Anyhow I figure nows the time to do some fastener changes if it will assist in making it leak free. Thanx Schmitty this is my first car engine. Im already thinking o=f a 11 to 1 460 on propane to build after this oned done for a future project, Thanx for youre reply Mike

madman

Back to top Go down

460 Bolts and carb tune Empty Re: 460 Bolts and carb tune

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down