BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

warning of a bad buyer

3 posters

Go down

warning of a bad buyer Empty warning of a bad buyer

Post  71maverick February 3rd 2013, 6:17 pm

As bad as I hate to bash someone i feel some of you may want or need to no.. I had a gentleman contact me about my heads for sale.. Seemed knowledgable and trust worthy.. We exchanged several text and phone calls.. I sent pics and answerd any question he had.. He called me and we agreed on a price and he ask if i could wait one week before he sent payment.. I said that was fine as long as i had his word he would take them.. He assured me he would. During that week there were several more text and conversation about his build.. Last phone call he said he qould send the check that evening amd would take a week to get here.. I built wooden boxes for the heads.cleaned and packed all parts. And prepaid the shipping with insurance threw my work.. One week goes by with no check.. I called him and he said he would next day air it to me.. Needless to say that was three days ago. And now he doesnt evan have the courtesy or the balls to answer the phone.. Name i got was Dave Smith. # was 951-906-3034. Riverside California. Story was a boat guy building a new 800hp deal.. Sorry for the long post and i now when you read this i will look like the dumb as#. But when i told him they were his that meant they were his.. Just trying to let all you guys no he is a tire kick and his word is shi#. Maybe i can save someonelse the misfortune of dealing with this gentleman.
71maverick
71maverick

Back to top Go down

warning of a bad buyer Empty Re: warning of a bad buyer

Post  maverick February 3rd 2013, 6:50 pm

That sux, Lane. I guess this guy is not a forum member?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  71maverick February 3rd 2013, 7:01 pm

When he contacted me he just said he had been watching my ad.. I have them posted on this site and the other 460 site.. Never got a pm from him but lead me to believe he saw them on this site
71maverick
71maverick

Back to top Go down

Post  agtw31 February 5th 2013, 9:59 am

he could have been trying to flip your parts,and his buyer flaked on him.

this is another reason why i only accept paypal for online transactions.

it eliminates the "i'll mail you a check" BS flakes use.

agtw31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down